TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

TTexan are you coming to Hill counTTry?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTexan are you coming to Hill counTTry?
Old 09-24-2005, 06:15 AM

When is it???
Old 09-24-2005, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could you post details here? It was a blast this spring.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:22 PM

Default Whats your email, Jo and Elaine are setting everything up.

Next weekend, San Antonio riverwalk & Kerrville.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Here is the email I received.

Jo Johnston <jo@johnstonpr.com>
Sent : Monday, September 12, 2005 9:28 AM
To : "TT Matt Angelo (Dallas)" <matt@angelo.org>, "TT Will Burkhardt (Austin)" <wburkhardt@austin.rr.com>, "Birkes (Dallas) TT Mason Birkes (Dallas)" <mbirkes@yahoo.com>, "TT Jerry Geary (Dallas)" <jgeary1@mindspring.com>, "TT Scott (Austin)" <scottmby@austin.rr.com>, Stone Warren <warren@ttr225.com>, "Huhtala (Dallas) TT Steve Huhtala (Dallas)" <schuhtala@hotmail.com>, "TT Scott Morrow (Houston)" <smorrow8@houston.rr.com>, "TT Matthew Meyer (Dallas)" <matt.meyer@mattmeyer.net>, "TT Evan Fort (Dallas)" <realnerds@hotmail.com>, TT Randy Nunn <nunn@outbackwireless.com>, "TT Doug (Louisiana)" <dman289@aol.com>, "Haney TT Dani Haney (OK)" <adhaney@gmail.com>, "TT Brandi (Denver)" <IDNARB14@aol.com>, "TT Dan Hatton (Dallas)" <Daniel.M.Hatton@mail.sprint.com>, Phothichack TT Nathan <spdeluxe79@yahoo.com>, "TT Gary (Dallas)" <tcu1@swbell.net>, "Bebawi (Houston) TT Mark Bebawi (Houston)" <markbebawi@usa.com>, "TT Brad Broussard (Louisiana)" <brad@nexxtpro.com>, "Loftis (Houston) TT Kelley Loftis (Houston)" <kloftis@kloftis.com>, "TT Marcos Trinidad (Dallas)" <mtrinidad@sfvdallas.com>, Ropka Elaine <ARIBEE@peoplepc.com>, TT Morgan <casey1@airmail.net>, "TT Christie (Tyler)" <tylergirl@***-internet.com>, "Loftis (Houston) TT Dustin Loftis (Houston)" <dloftis@dloftis.com>, "TT Bryan Henderson (Dallas)" <BDHender@comcast.net>, "TT Ryan English (Austin)" <rdenglish@hotmail.com>, "TT Brad David (Dallas)" <brad.david@gte.net>, "TT Lilianne Mulllins and Mitch Dornich (Dallas)" <Trikse02@aol.com>, "TT Mark Beardon (Dallas)" <artwerkestt@hotmail.com>, "TT Erin Barnett (Dallas)" <ebar2010@swbell.net>, TT Ivan <iew@dallas.net>, "Jeremy TT Jeremy Meier (Dallas)" <Vidd5@yahoo.com>, "TT Sigifredo Gonzalez (San Antonio)" <sgh71@hotmail.com>, "TT Kira Huhtala (Dallas)" <kirahuhtala@msn.com>, "Kiefer (Dallas) TT Steven Kiefer (Dallas)" <Stteven@aol.com>, "TT Kim Beck (Dallas)" <KBeck@afce.com>, "TT James Vickerman (Dallas)" <vickermanjp@sbcglobal.net>
CC : Ropka Elaine <ARIBEE@peoplepc.com>
Subject : TT Hill Country -- Need Response

| | | Inbox

Friends: I do not normally put everyone in the To field, but rather the Bcc field so your mailbox will not get full from the "reply to all" responses. However, I am doing it this time so Elaine Ropka, who is the main organizer for the Sept. 30-Oct. 2 TT Hill Country event, will have your addresses.

PLEASE respond with your interest to Elaine, who is CC'd. You can also include me if you want. But best not all!

Elaine has put a lot of time and effort into planning, as I dropped the ball on my part by having a heart attack! So please let her know if you are interested, and what your preferences are. The basic plan is to spend Friday night in or near San Antonio, with Riverwalk activities for those who get there in time. Saturday we will pack up and make our way to Kerrville area with some great driving twisties! We will stay in Kerrville Sat. night. Fredericksburg was fully booked as it is Octoberfest, but we will plan to spend Saturday late afternoon and evening enjoying the Octoberfest activities. Sunday will be another great day of driving, leaving us time to get home that afternoon or evening.

This should be a great event (just ask those who went last year). I certainly am looking forward to it!

thanks,

Jo
"JoTT"

Begin forwarded message:

Date: September 12, 2005 9:12:17 AM CDT
To: 'Jeremy Meier' <vidd5@yahoo.com>, 'Warren Stone' <fasttr@gmail.com>, 'Jo Johnston' <mjojohnston@comcast.net>, "'TT Mark Bebawi (Houston)'" <markbebawi@usa.com>, "'TT Dustin Loftis (Houston)'" <dloftis@dloftis.com>, 'TT Scott Cook' <scott@montebelloparkproductions.com>, "'TT Mason Birkes (Dallas)'" <mbirkes@yahoo.com>, "'TT Steve Huhtala (Dallas)'" <schuhtala@hotmail.com>, "'TT Dani Haney (OK) Haney'" <adhaney@gmail.com>, "'TT Kelley Loftis (Houston)'" <kloftis@kloftis.com>, "'TT Kira Huhtala (Dallas)'" <khuhtala@austincollege.edu>, "'TT Steven Kiefer (Dallas)'" <Stteven@aol.com>
Subject: TT Hill Co -- Need Response
Reply-To: E <aribee@peoplepc.com>

GANG:

Below is the room block info for Kerrville on Sat night Oct 1.

We have a 12 rooms to book, rate is 89.99 these are NS rooms with 2 double beds.

Now I need to poll the group on when you plan to arrive Fri/Sat and what time???

Please let me know so I can make the final decision on Fri night hotel. My plan was to get use our corp rate and stay on the Riverwalk. Then a.m drive to start point up I10 is a short jaunt.

Or we can stay nearer to start of Sat drive in lowkey place. Just not much to do that night for those of us here early.

Laine

1940 Sidney Baker
Kerrville, Texas 78028
Phone 830-896-9200
Fax 830-896-2422

LA QUINTA

GROUP: Audi TT Group ARRIVE: 10/01/05
DEPART: 10/02/05

HOTEL REPRESENTATIVE: Charles Bryant

ROOM NIGHTS BLOCKED: 12
RESERVATIONS TO BE MADE BY: Block

CUT-OFF DATE: 09/24/05 (Reservations made after this date are subject to availability.)

GUARANTEED BY: 6p.m. Hold

RATES:
DDN $89.99 (per room/per night)

BILLING INFORMATION

Method of Payment: Each Pays Own

*These options are being held on a first option basis until: 09/24/05*

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Aug 21, 2005 1:13 AM
To: 'E' , 'Warren Stone' , 'Jo Johnston'
Cc: "'TT Mark Bebawi (Houston)'" , "'TT Dustin Loftis (Houston)'" , 'TT Scott Cook' , "'TT Mason Birkes (Dallas)'" , "'TT Steve Huhtala (Dallas)'" , "'TT Dani Haney (OK) Haney'" , "'TT Kelley Loftis (Houston)'" , "'TT Kira Huhtala (Dallas)'" , "'TT Steven Kiefer (Dallas)'"
Subject: RE: TT Hill Country Dates -- Need Response

Dig the dates... I'm in. Though I might end up caravanning down with Scott and Jonas if they are leaving Friday evening...

Jeremy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 8:52 AM
To: Warren Stone; Jo Johnston
Cc: Warren Stone; TT Mark Bebawi (Houston); TT Dustin Loftis (Houston); TT Scott Cook; Jeremy Meier; TT Mason Birkes (Dallas); TT Steve Huhtala (Dallas); TT Dani Haney (OK) Haney; TT Kelley Loftis (Houston); TT Kira Huhtala (Dallas); TT Steven Kiefer (Dallas); Elaine Ropka
Subject: Re: TT Hill Country Dates -- Need Response

TT Gang~

Looks like we have a majority consensus on TTHC dates: 9/30-10-2
We'll now plan to put together the plans and see what you want to do to fill in between drives. Warren suggested a River Walk outting for instance. I'll take a look and she what might be going on at the local hot spots like Luckenbach! Jo is going to contact the Holiday Inn Exp. in Fredericksburg where we gathered last year and check on getting a block of rooms.

We'll be in touch with more info, meanwhile get the dates on the calendar!

Laine

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Aug 15, 2005 7:57 PM
To: Jo Johnston
Cc: Warren Stone , "TT Mark Bebawi (Houston)" , "TT Dustin Loftis (Houston)" , TT Scott Cook , "TT Jeremy Meier (Dallas)" , "TT Mason Birkes (Dallas)" , "TT Steve Huhtala (Dallas)" , "TT Dani Haney (OK) Haney" , "TT Kelley Loftis (Houston)" , "TT Kira Huhtala (Dallas)" , "TT Steven Kiefer (Dallas)" , Elaine Ropka
Subject: Re: TT Hill Country Dates -- Need Response

That will work for me. Do we have the option of spending Sunday night with Laine to visit the RIverwalk?

On Aug 14, 2005, at 12:35 PM, Jo Johnston wrote:

this message was particularly for you folk, so i expect a prompt answer!

jo

Begin forwarded message:

Date: August 14, 2005 12:31:51 PM CDT
Cc: Elaine Ropka <ARIBEE@peoplepc.com>
Subject: TT Hill Country Dates -- Need Response

TT friends:

Elaine Ropka and I are working on a fall TT Hill Country, and need some group input on dates.

We are looking at Sept. 30-Oct. 2.

Please reply and let us know if you are interested, and whether this date works for you if you are.

We had great fun on this trip last year, and this year promises to be just as much fun!

Please reply by Thursday, Aug. 18. And as always, let me know if your email or contact information has changed.

Jo Johnston
Old 09-24-2005, 01:36 PM

Default Now that I see the dates Im not going to be able to make it...If anyone passes through Fort Worth

let me know so can stop by