TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

TTriple Digitts has been busted pretty hard here for his HP claims...

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2000, 07:32 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm easy... if he comes forward with proof a TT even exists...

even if proprietary components are blacked out I'll be the first to apologize. But Hoppen doesn't know about him nor does Roland Meyer (owner of MTM and the first "M" in MTM). Or maybe he's sworn them to secrecy too?

Everything he's touted as it relates to power is possible from MTM. But reading it on a website is one thing. Saying you have it in this country and in a car converted to rear wheel drive is another thing altogether. Especially when none of the principals at Hoppen or MTM know anything about him or how/when those parts got here.

And despite repeated requests no pictures of even a stock TT has come to fruition. Unless all his modifications are exo-skeletal I still can't figure why we havent been provided with a pic of the project car in question.
Old 12-11-2000, 07:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Conceptual mechanics allows for the possibility ..sky is the limit
Old 12-11-2000, 07:37 AM
gtt
AudiWorld Super User

everyone deserves initial respect....very easy to lose it though.
Old 12-11-2000, 07:42 AM

Default I like your attitude...

but being new to this thread, why did you want a rear drive TT with almost 500 hp in the first place? Sounds awfully expensive (not to mention hard on the drivetrain), especially with other rear drive roadsters (with more hp than the stock TT) already available in showrooms providing a better basis on which to work. But to each his or her own, right?
Old 12-11-2000, 07:55 AM

Default My friends..exactly the point..the TT is distinctive and uniquely original in its aesthetic beauty..

but unfortunately lacked the "muscle" so deserving and so desirable of such a creation.

I felt cheated by Audi due to its "business" decision not to provide a deserving performance attribute equally as matched as its beauty.
We all know that PORSCHE has a stranglehold and the royalty badge of "super car" status in VW world. I love PORSCHE and bow my head to its achieved engineering success, however do not neglect nor reject the engineering mechanic potential of the tuned down TT.

Regardless of what you want to believe, please do not negate the possibility or limit yourself to this belief because unlocking the 1.8T potential and the performance awareness of the TT specifically starts as easy as an ECU motronic swap and exhaust. If the difference shared by many here has been felt by many TT owners here on this forum w/ such a simple and relatively inexpensive modification, imagine the possibility of a mechanical engineering overhaul.

The rest is just simple symantics and play dollars spent.

ENJOY!!..Peace
Old 12-11-2000, 08:01 AM
VAP
AudiWorld Super User

"play dollars" I understand all too well, but what are simple "symantics?"
Old 12-11-2000, 08:15 AM

semasiology...excuse me I misspelled to a corporate name rather than a definition..
Old 12-11-2000, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Shure it's possible, a 4cyl fuel drag bike makes 1200hp, that's more in one cyl than 225 TT. BUT I

...don't even know or a full race 1.8 that makes more than around 410hp. I further do not think jumping up the HP is all that easy. Yes, you can go from 225 to 265 without much trouble but the gains get harder and harder as HP climbs. The only way I know to come close to what you are saying is to use a nitrous oxide injection system on top of a totaly tricked out motor. So what we are left with is a credibility question, I am not alone in thinking you are making this all up, if you are not than we are all interested in hearing about your engine modifications. But if you don't want to share that information then just stop talking about your high-powered engine period. I agree with Octtober and his point of view here assuming you 'come clean' or stop the engine talk altogether. My brother-in-law tells tall tales and after a while it really gets on your nerves. I want to tell him he is full of ****, but I don't want to hurt my Sister's feelings. Then there is the issue of having to listen to claims that are total BS and that to me shows not only a lack of self esteem on the teller's part but also a lack of respect for the listener. I hope this is making sense without sounding like an attack. JIM
Old 12-11-2000, 08:35 AM

Default "You unlock this door w/ the key of imagination...", Posted by TTriple Digitts on 2000-08-04

I say give the guy a break, after all he has 3 TTs (1 stock exhaust, 1 MTM exhaust, 1 496hp crank/420+ rear wheel hp monster)
Old 12-11-2000, 09:09 AM

Default Alot of you seem to think that 400hp is hard in a 1.8 4 cyl.

I am not defending TTTripleDigits cause I have not been around long enough to know of all of his *tales* but I get the impression that everyone doesn't believe it is possible.

My best friend has a 88 Scirroco 1.9 16V. with 396 hp @ the wheels

-Garrett T3/T4 super 60 inlet turbo
-Electromotive Tec II ignition
-Ross racing pistons
-Lightened balanced rods, crank
-Thermal coated heads etc.
-Apex AVC-R (street trim set @ 15 psi, track or emergency trim set @ 26psi of boost)

Again, the above mentioned mods *could* be integrated very easily into a *crazy* project TT.

I do admit that it seems a little odd that the *person* wouldn't be happy to share (ie: BRAG) his TT with us.......but it is not impossible.

Quick Reply: TTriple Digitts has been busted pretty hard here for his HP claims...