TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Is the US 225Q coupe orderable?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-1999, 04:01 PM
Tom B

Default Is the US 225Q coupe orderable?

Has anyone on the waiting list for a US 225Q coupe been contacted by their dealer recently with news about placing their order?

My salesperson told me, when I put my deposit
down in May, that the "order book" would be
ready in November, gearing up for a March '00
launch. A recent posting on this forum leads
me to think that this information was accurate,
(recent rumors about the coupe being delayed by the roadster notwithstanding).

Can anyone confirm?
Old 11-10-1999, 04:42 PM
bob

Default Re: Is the US 225Q coupe orderable?

I put my order in for the 225Q on Friday. At least, I was under the impression I was ordering it. Was I just getting on a list? I don't think so - filled out all the details as to what options I wanted etc. Put my money down. If that's not ordering - I don't know what is.

- Bob
Old 11-10-1999, 04:59 PM
John TT

Did you get a price? I think that's the only way to confirm a "true" order (nt)
Old 11-10-1999, 05:53 PM
jim singler

Default my 225ttq was ordered

my dealer (where i purchased my 180ttq) called me on tuesday to say that they have placed on order for me (???) an amulet red over ebony 225ttq. delivery is slated for late march and they are not taking roadster orders yet.

this is sorta bad news for me in that my other car is a guards red 911 with a black interior. as a man of diversity, i cannot have two red cars with black leather interiors. my dealer told me i should sell my place in line.

any takers?????
Old 11-10-1999, 10:09 PM
Cameron

Default Deposit placed in winter of 1997... (much much more)

I'm fourth on the waiting list at one of the highest throughput dealerships in the country for a silver/black 6spd 225 car with every option except Bose and Phone. Order was placed in January of 1998, deposit was placed at same time, terms of agreement were that I would pay $50,000 or MSRP, whichever was lower when the car came in unless the specifications diverged significantly from the original Automobile article's descriptions of the TTS, which the specifications have not.

Cameron
Old 11-11-1999, 07:03 AM
Adil

Default Which dealer?

Hey, which dealer is that? I'm trying to get an idea on how many people would be before me. I booked mine in September '99 and was told late summer at Carousel Autos in Minneapolis (they said they're the second largest volume Audi dealer in the US). I was told I'd be called when my order is ready to go through (around February, which is when they said a display 225Q model will be available to test drive), so I haven't selected the color and options yet (which is good, since I found out that 17" wheels and xenon lights are standard)...

--
Adil
'97 A4 2.8QMS
'00 TT 225Q (late summer 2000)
Old 11-11-1999, 10:57 AM
Paul Defalco

Default Re: Is the US 225Q coupe orderable?

I ordered a 225Q November 6th. The salesperson claimed that this was the first OK they had gotten from AUDI for November-December build time frame. The price was to be 10% to 12% above the 180Q.
Old 11-11-1999, 02:19 PM
Cameron

Default Agreement with dealership...

... a friend of mine and salesman at the Audi Exchange used to race and loved my A4 race car. We sat around one Thursday evening throwing together the agreement mentioned in the above post, though I was utterly shocked and said (a little too loudly) "What???? I can get this car for only $40,000!!! Who would buy a Boxster?!?!?!?" with a Boxster owner standing behind me. After that realization, the "I'd rather not pay more than $50,000" ceiling became irrelevant.

Order stipulates options, marks my deposit and order date, and has the price I expect to pay (and willing to pay less also, obviously). It also includes a request for a spare set of wheels, and tomorrow I will add the contingency that there be no front bumper holes drilled -- not that I think they'd drill them but that I would like it in writing that they will not.

I was able to do this as a friendly agreement because we already had three A4's and I knew the salesperson quite well. With the new option release, I called the dealership and they assured me that the car I want will be delivered regardless of which things are options and which are standard.

Dealership is Porsche/Audi Exchange in Highland Park, Illinois. Great dealership, and would definitely recommend them over Barrier Motors in Seattle.

Cameron
Old 11-12-1999, 06:37 AM
bob

no, just a ballpark - you may be right. (nt)