TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Using my Motorola StarTac with TT Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-1999, 07:59 AM
Spencer

Default Using my Motorola StarTac with TT Antenna

Is there a way that I can tie my Motorola cell phone with the existing cell phone wiring in the TT?
Old 09-02-1999, 09:06 AM
PeTTer

Default Ditto . . . .would love an answer to this question. . . (nt)

nt
Old 09-02-1999, 10:43 AM
Spencer

Default Checked history - need RJ-45 pinouts

I didn't realize there were 10 pages of history. Just went through it all. I see that the antenna only supports analog phones, and that there is an RJ45 connector by the cup holder.

Anyone have access to the pin-outs of the RJ-45 connector? I might be able to build a StarTac cable (maybe several).
Old 09-02-1999, 11:52 AM
PeterK

Default Re: Checked history - need RJ-45 pinouts

I am interested in pin-outs or a custom made cable too. Looking at the service bulletin for the Audi phone installation, it looks like there is also a transceiver that connects inside the driver-side rear tailight access panel for the antenna. I looked at mine and it appears to be a RS-232 type connector but not sure if it's DB-25 or other.
Old 09-02-1999, 02:43 PM
y2ktturbo

Default Re: Using my Motorola StarTac with TT Antenna

I would love to see you make this work for a digistal Startac. I ended up buying the Zero Install Hands-Free Kit from Motorola, which works well, but I have wires all over my car!

SOmeone earlier stated that the antenna in the TT cannot pick up and give signal to a digital phone. Did you happen to run across this post?

Please feel free to keep my e-mail address as I'd like to know your progress.

Thank you and good luck.

Ivan
Old 09-02-1999, 04:38 PM
Jeffrey D Sessler

At http://www.a4.org/faq/electronics.html there are several documents on the cell phone system and pin outs. The pinouts are the same for the TT and I was able to get my Nokia phone working with the pre-installed wiring and the Nokia hands free kit.

You are correct about the antenna not being the correct type/length for a digital/PCS phone. You will need to purchase the correct Antenna and install it in place of the stock unit (twists on and off).

Jeff<ul><li><a href="http://www.a4.org/faq/electronics.html">Link to A4.org Electronics FAQ on Phones</a></li></ul>
Old 09-02-1999, 10:54 PM
Skip

Okay...I have a Startac thats not digital...anybody know if I can use existing wiring and the antenna to hook up my phone??