TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

VF engineering motor mount reviews

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 08:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VF engineering motor mount reviews

i needed mounts because the power level the car has was making my downpipe hit the steering rack under throttle. i adjusted the factory mounts forward to give me more room. this worked until more octane or cold air occured, then the added ponies would stretch the mounts far enough to hit the steering rack again. so VF it was. i figured i've give them 500 miles or so. the dogbone i barely felt 6 months ago. but it did quicken up shifts under power. the addition of these new guys were vibrating like crazy!!! i then realized i had independant tension on each mount. meaning, since i was playing with clearance of my 3" downpipe and steering rack, i moved the mounts independantly of eachother. so i fixed that and the vibration went into a much more livable state. i'm supposed to wait another 1500 miles before giving a thorough review, but what the hell. the car feels amazing on the gas. there is abit of vibration felt when going mellow, but again i'm supposed to wait those miles. the drivability is SO much better and quicker now that i just can't believe i dealt with those squishy mounts. i now can leave the mounts in the factory position and the downpipe clears the rack. i will see if it gets smoother and might just install their new washers that make them softer. but that might not be needed. all in all, if you want the quickest power after each shift or on and off gas situation OR you're going stg III...GET the mounts. saves a breath of weight too.
Old 06-03-2006, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one available if anyone wants it...i loved mine
Old 06-03-2006, 05:28 AM

Default Installed passanger side one when I did TB. Had Neuspeed dogbone bushings...

There is more vibration but it seems to be slacking as I put miles on. Do you have Driverside
mount? Will put that one on when I do the clutch.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:34 AM
Elder Member

Default do you have any lightened pulleys in your car? or OEM? i had all 3 VF mounts in my

TT at one time with a lightened pulley and it shook the car like crazy. i recently took the pulley out and replaced it and it helped alot. the shifting is more sure, feels quicker with less motor movement. right now, i only have the pendulum mount and one side mount in...thinking about going back in and putting the mount i took out again.

i had problems looking out of my rear view mirror since it shook so much...and also at idle, my steering wheel was shaking so much it was crazy. they won't really settle in much more...unless you take the preload off of the mounts. that helped me alot. remember, they're poly bushings...what you have is what you get.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Yeah, I <3 my VF Dogbone BUT >>>>

I just had to replace the bushings because they were super worn out...
Old 06-03-2006, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I totally forgot to mention that. I was going to pop the stock pullies on and try that.

they do vibrate the rear mirror. i'm popping those pullies off tonight!!!
Old 06-03-2006, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default the tranny side is much easier than the motor side to install

also, loosen the motor side and re-tighten together with tranny side. i did one side one day and one side the next.........and that's how i got the pre-load in them.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:45 AM

required hardware! needs to be properly installed as some cars "shake, rattle &amp; Roll"
Old 06-03-2006, 05:46 PM
Elder Member

Default yeah, anyone with VF mounts should not have other pulleys in there...

good luck with it. it will help balance out the motor a little. i think my whole car shook so much that now, i'm hearing loose creaks and noises all over inside the cabin. change it as soon as you can, otherwise, you may have to tighten everything on the car afterwards!