TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Video

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-1999, 07:59 AM
Rik

Default Video

For those with T1, cable modems & who want to view a small part of the video I made. Go to www.coastalo.com, got the bottom of the page , click on downloads, choose the VIDEO directory & download the file you find there. 192 megs!!!!! And this is an attenuated file....as small as I can get it w/o it looking stupid! Quicktime not avi, 15-24 Frames per second, Mono audio & quality turned down a bit, Noramlly this was made to be broadcast quality....640 x480 30 fps & full 16 bit 44.1 stereo.All done for my own amusement, Video courtesy of AUDI & Car & Driver & Motorweek.<br>Download tonight, it will be Deleted tomorrow morning when I wake Up.
Old 07-08-1999, 08:00 AM
Rik

Default Here is the web site

Here is the web site<ul><li><a href="http://www.coastalo.com/">CoastalO</a></li></ul>
Old 07-08-1999, 12:56 PM
Brian K

Default Re: Video

I loved the part where the headlamp washer comes on. I saved it to my disk so I can watch it whenever I want. I need something to pass the time until I can own one of my own. Tanx a lot for the post.
Old 07-08-1999, 04:23 PM
Cliff Melick

rik: the video was absolutely everything you said it would be, and well worth the time it took to download. too bad you had to edit it down so much. the full 500 meg version must be totally outrageous! are you still thinking of putting it on vhs? totally good show! /cfmelick
Old 07-08-1999, 05:33 PM
Joep

Default Re: Video-GREAT Job - Thanks ! (n/t)

<br>
Old 07-08-1999, 07:15 PM
Rik

Default Glad you Liked it! VHS is still a go if you want.

Glad you Liked it! VHS is still a go if you want. NTSC only (sorry PAL & SECAM people! I have no converter... If you are willing there is someone who will do it for 30 USD)<br>Rik
Old 07-08-1999, 07:35 PM
Rik

Default Less than 8 hours to download

You've been warned!
Old 07-09-1999, 01:24 PM
Sean

How do I get a (US) VHS video from you, Rik?<p>email me.<p>Sean '91 Elan<br>'00 TTQ
Old 07-09-1999, 10:09 PM
Rik

if you are in the US 5 bucks, (2 bucks for tape -3 bucks for priority mail)<br>If any where else add whatever postage it would take to get to you.<p>Rik Pepe<br>210 Bradley ave<br>Meriden CT 06451<br>203 237 1119
Old 10-22-1999, 06:41 AM
Brad Willis

Default Re: He may not be the only driver on the road, but I however......(more)

I think that both of you make good points, in your own interesting ways. Kurt is correct, as it sounds like a TT owner is driving like an absolute moron, endangering others, and potentially putting him in hot water due to mistaken identity.

I can very much relate to GO TT's comments, as I sent CHP an e-mail on this exact topic. I had heard on the TV that the CHP was conducting an extensive crackdown with planes, radar, extra units, unmarked cars and so on to crackdown on "reckless" drivers who speed, weave in and out of traffic and so forth.

It is my belief that the speeders are less of a problem than the drivers who refuse to yield the fast lane even though it's very apparent that motorists behind them want to go faster than they do. The frustration of the obstructed drivers is bound to build, and unquestionably a number of them will try to find a route around the inconsiderate obstructor.

I wish that some of those CHP aircraft would spend some time focusing on the drivers who refuse to yield, which I personally believe is far more of a problem than the speeders.

P.S. The CHP did not respond to my e-mail.