TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Vote for W! (Can you believe I just said that??)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vote for W! (Can you believe I just said that??)

I think I'm going to vote for W.

I hate the man. I hate his policies. I hate his war. I hate that he's crippled the nation with fear. And I hate the fact that he instigates hatred in others.

But I still think that I'm going to vote for him.

And it's not because I think that Kerry is a bad choice. And it's certainly not because I want W to be president again. Unfortunately, I think he needs to be.

Because he's protecting the country against terrorists? Definitely not.
Because his economic policies are making the country stronger? No.
Because of all the wonderful things he's done for the poor and the middle class? Not at all.
Because of his incredible foreign policy? Nope.

I'm voting for W because he's an incredible failure. He's absolutely incompetent, and he's destroying what the United States is supposed to be about. He has instituted policies that have undermined what it means to be an American. In the name of Freedom, our freedoms have been substantially curtailed.

But the damage has been done: We're fighting a war that cannot be won in Iraq. The rest of the world hates and fears us. The national debt grows ever larger. Employment rates are at a record low.

The man who is President will inherit all of these problems, and he will no doubt be blamed for them for years to come. I want the world to remember George W. Bush as the man responsible for nearly destroying the United States of America.

No one can repair the wounds that he has sowed into our country, and no one else should be held accountable for the scars.

If a Democrat or an Independent (yeah, right) is elected, Republicans will be able to spin that into brilliant propaganda when he flounders and fails attempting to deal with W's mess. The Republicans will own the White House for decades to come, and they will continue on the path of destruction the W started leading America down. No one will trust the Democrats or their policies until after the Third World War -- the one that the White House seems to be trying so hard to start even now.

I implore you: Do not let that happen.

Vote for George W. Bush in November. We will suffer through another hellish four years, but by 2008, even the staunchest Republicans will realize what their boy has done.

Vote for George W. Bush in November so that he may be revealed as the callow and maladroit prodigal that he is.

Save America by making it suffer for four more years.

Vote for W.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I think you just AxeYrSelf!
Old 09-08-2004, 11:04 AM

Default While I tend to agree with the foreign policy side of your arg..

On the domestic agenda, there is too much at stake. We live in dangerous times.

Bush elected again means
1) conservative Supreme Court Justices- which will likely overturn Roe and other civil rights advancements- these justices are likely to stay on the court for a while as Bush's appellete court nominations have been relatively younger folks, and should the pattern continue he will nominate a younger Justice.

2) Continued Job Losses - I'm not saying that Kerry would reverse the tide overnight, but i think he has some ideas that could prove beneficial.

Those are my two focus issues that I think should play a major role.

Your rationale taken to the extreme means that we should have kept Bush Sr. in office another 4 years so he could continue to be blamed for the economy.

I think there is international support for Kerry, and electing him would vindicate the 2000 fiasco. The rest of the world would think that W was a fluke.

Moreover, then at what point do we say enough is enough? do we let things spiral into hell and continue to let the GOP run the show so the dems wont take the blame? I think your argument is too nihilistic.

We need change, and the sooner the better. There is too much at risk to continue the current path.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:09 AM

Default I believed the Kerry/vindication thing for a while...

And I really think that you're correct.

Unfortunately, I think that it would be the best thing to come of it.

Nihilistic? Yes, extremely. But people only seem to notice the extremes anymore. Sad and scary indeed, but somehow, I still see W '04 stickers everywhere I go.

Apparently, people really are that daft. =/

As far as Roe v. Wade, I really don't see that holding up for much longer any more anyway. I think that the Matthew Bullock case is going to destroy the validity of that.
Old 09-08-2004, 11:23 AM

Default Re: I believed the Kerry/vindication thing for a while...

Regarding the Bullock case i think the justices will walk a fine line so as to uphold Roe while still upholding the conviction. They are pretty good at that stuff.

I have noticed the W 04 stickers here in cleveland but I have seen just as many Kerry stickers if not more.

I would imagine that things, namely the economy, is worse in cities like Youngstown and major rustbelt areas that the Bush campaign will really be hard pressed to win votes there.

The way I see it, if Kerry can do as well on the Terrorism/Foreign Policy side as Bush, then bush should lose based on his economic record. Because that that point Foreign Policy is a null issue, as the two candidates are equal, and Kerry wins by a small margin on the economy,
Old 09-08-2004, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Axe

you troll like the best of them, I laughed reading that post. I dont like Bush, will not vote for him - but I dont know why pol parties keep chruning out the village idiots as the parties' standard bearers!

PS: *sing-song* CusTTom is gonna get you...
Old 09-08-2004, 12:32 PM

Default You think so?

I can take him. ;-D
Old 09-08-2004, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Hey son, one vote is as good as another, and we'll certainly appreciate yours...
Old 09-08-2004, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default be afraid....

I can provide links. frankly his POV worries me. By the way, check out AW's "political forum." you seem pretty lucid, lets see how long your logic lasts against Left and Right wing "mouth-foamers"

I have been post whoring there lately.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/politics/threads/407.phtml#5891">this is actually pretty mild for him.</a></li></ul>
Old 09-08-2004, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

This is exactly why 16 years old kids should not vote