TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Want to get rear camber or control arm, Stratmosphere's better OR Forge's?Any cheaper?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2003, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to get rear camber or control arm, Stratmosphere's better OR Forge's?Any cheaper?

Thinking of getting stratmosphere's one or get the forge's?stratmosphere is use oem camber arm to modfited but forge is different??Any website can get both at lower price?
Old 03-22-2003, 10:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I think they are about the same but I remember hearing that the

bushings are better in the Forge? Someone have the answer?
Old 03-22-2003, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The forge uses poly bushings... the strat uses factory rubber

which actually I still believe that the rubber is better... it keeps things in better balance, not as harsh, doesnt start to squeak and need re-greased and poly can tend to accentuate snap oversteer when used in the rear suspension.

Hence Im a bit warry of the kmac kit..... but everyone seems to be so stuck on the kmac being superior in the way it works compared to the replacement arms... and no one seems to have any troubles with them... so who knows?

I just remember running poly in the rear of the mustang (upper and lower arms) and it made the rear end extremely unpredictable in situations it shouldnt have been!! (like a double laned left turn onto main street from a stop at a red light at 1/4 throttle would cause the rear to step out at times) After I swapped back to all rubber in the rear it was alot more controlled! Of course... after that I went to solid metal bushings and heims on the lowers with a single torque arm and no uppers and it was even better than anything I'd used before so who knows...

perhaps it was just the way the stangs 4 link rear is engineered and poly doesnt have the same affect on IRS cars?