TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Way OT: Look what email postman brought me :))))

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2002, 03:35 PM
Wiz
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Way OT: Look what email postman brought me :))))

Dear Sir,

First, i wish to introduce myself as Mr Atiku Idris Vicechairman petroleum task force office of the presidency, Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I and my colleague have $34m (Thirty four million United states dollars) which we wish to invest - $24m (twenty four million) for a first term of five years . The remaining $Us 10m (ten million) will be set aside for our political project next year 2003. The money is in 2 boxes deposited safely in a security company.

We are interested in capital growth and stable economy.During a meeting with my colleague,we agreed to channel money into investment abroad and that I should look for a reliable foreign partner who would help me transfer the money abroad. Bearing our prefrence in mind, am seeking your assistance by this mail ,For your assistance in moving this money out and putting it into a viable investment, 25% of the money would be yours,5% would be used for expenses,then the remaining 70% will be for me and my associate down here.while the money would be invested in any good busines in your country.

Possibly if we can agree and work togather confidentially, be rest assured that your intrest will be highly protected because we wish to have a meeting , know each other face to face and sign an agreement in place to protect each party,s intrest.

It is important to inform you that this business is risk free both now and in future.

Hoping to hear from you soonest.

Warmest regards.

Atiku Idris

(Vice Chairman) Petroleum Task Force

---

And an attachment file with email addresses (22 KBytes) )
Old 07-18-2002, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I received one also. Wonder where they got the list.
Old 07-18-2002, 03:39 PM

Yep I got it too (deleted of course)
Old 07-18-2002, 03:41 PM

Default I am Mr Idris' attorney and as such, I have been authorized to accept all funds for>

the Federal Republic of Nigeria's petroleum task force. Please wire or mail any such funds to me here at the forum. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

(By the way, for the benefit of any forum members employed by the FBI white collar crime division--its just a joke!)
Old 07-18-2002, 03:44 PM

Just got done reading the same.
Old 07-18-2002, 03:47 PM
Wiz
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default What saddens me is the fact that it was important for you to put such remark at the end, Marsha

I hate the fact of being affraid that whatever you say could be used against you and there could be someone who would knock on you. Hate it! And all this PC stuff...
Old 07-18-2002, 03:50 PM

Default It didn't bother me to put the disclaimer on...I am/was a lawyer and we don't let>

ourselves be held liable for ANYTHING! :-D
Old 07-18-2002, 03:52 PM
Wiz
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default But the whole thing SUCKS! Maybe I'm just idealistic but it's just so p*ke-inducing...

Or, maybe I've listened to George Carlin too much
Old 07-18-2002, 03:53 PM

I got it too! I just replied "idiot".
Old 07-18-2002, 03:55 PM
Wiz
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default You should not have replied!

Never, under any circumstances, reply to the spam you receive, even if to unsubscribe. They do not which email address is valid and which one is no longer active. By replying you confirm its validity and invite them to keep bugging you.

Quick Reply: Way OT: Look what email postman brought me :))))