TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Week-end in Downieville - bike rack & more (BWW)

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2004, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I miss my mountain bike :-(

Nice pics...I have an excellent downhill bike I had to leave back in London when I moved stateside and you pics just made me miss it even more. Thanks for sharing, totally jealous :-p
Old 08-03-2004, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Dude... downhill mountain bike, in LONDON??

Haram aleik!! what were you thinking?!?

Actually I'm sure you can get some decent hills north of London, but why didn't you ship it over when you moved?
Don't you live around here anyway??

BTW I seem to remember you're half Egyptian. I'm going to be touring my friends thru the middle-east to show them where I grew up, and I'll be in Cairo, Luxor and Sharm el-Sheikh amongst others. Need anything while I'm there?
Old 08-03-2004, 07:35 PM

Default Spotted!

I saw your car in the parking lot of the Safeway on Shoreline in Mountain View Sunday night. I was in town for an interview. Lookin good. Bike rack was off already though.
Old 08-04-2004, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Haram Alayya indeed...LOL!

You're right, not that many great hills in London but I used to take the bike on a train and head up to the hills in the north. There are some amazing trails in Derbyshire and Yorkshire. I thought about shipping the bike over here but I live in Houston and there are even fewer hills here than there are in London. Flat as a pancake :-(

I grew up in Cairo and miss it a lot. The only thing I want from over there is a real coffee shop shisha (none of the fancy brass and colors, just plain glass and steel) but I know that would be very hard to carry back and equally hard to send from CA to TX. Nevermind eh? Just say hello to Cairo for me. Why do you keep making me jealous?! :-)
Old 08-04-2004, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Ah ok, for some reason..

I thought you were in Cali (Yosemite perhaps?!)
If I knew you were in Houston I would've given you a call when I spent 10 days there for work in early July!

Yeah it's going to be a bit tough to bring you back a shisha (where I'm from we say "Arghilé") but I'll be sure to take plenty of shots and send them to you.
Old 08-04-2004, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I was living in San Francisco when I got the car and joined the board

My first trip was to Yosemite. I picked the name and never bothered to change my handle when I moved to Texas.

I'm sorry I missed you here last month. It would have been fun to hang out. Let me know if you ever come this way again.

I would never expect you to bring me a shisha/Arghilé* but you'd better take lots of pics :-)

*That, and your spelling of Marc, puts you in Lebanon, right? I used to spell my name like that when I was a kid. I went to a French school in Egypt till the age of 12. Back then my name was Marc Bibaoui. When we moved to England it changed to Mark Bebawi to make it easier for the Brits...hehe.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: I was living in San Francisco when I got the car and joined the board

Yup, you got it right: born & raised in Beirut. Went to French school in Beirut until the age of 12, then moved to.. Cairo, or more specifically: El-Maadi!!!

Don't tell me you went to "Lycée Français du Caire" in Maadi?!?
Old 08-04-2004, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Yup, that was me..

bike rack removed the second I got home: it's easier to open the trunk this way to remove all the cr@p we had in there, since the rear glass hits the two bits of the rack sticking out from the back.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Nope, I went to the College De La Sainte Famille (Jesuites).
Old 08-04-2004, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

ah, too bad.. would have some common memories otherwise!

Quick Reply: Week-end in Downieville - bike rack & more (BWW)