TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

well so much for a TT :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2001, 07:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default well so much for a TT :(

I talked with my dad about the car...explaining monthly payments, finance options etc... (256 to 540 a month depending on which option) And explaining how I could afford it easily making 1000 a month extra cash (he pays my rent and bills... ) I think he was more worried about the final payment 4 years down the road (well I'd put money in the bank every month to save for that dad, extra cash, land rental checks, tax refunds etc)

He took a look at Steves nimbus roadster... liked the car.. but then told me I was setting my sites way to high and needed to come down out of the clouds. He did tell me that if I wanted a new car since i was so sick of mine... that I could sell it or trade it straight across for a ford focus

whaaaaa..... but DAD I could make the payments easily only working 30-35 hours a week! thats not even full time... and i'd have plenty of time for class and homework and other stuff. He asked me what I wanted from him then since I could afford it... Well, I need you to cosign (insuficient credit on my part.. I JUST got my first credit card!)

nope, nadda, zip...

Find out later that night that (and he didnt want to tell me this... mom forced him to) they had just purchased a 2001 ford F150 supercrew (4 door) 4x4 lariat with the 5.4litre, leather, cd etc etc etc... (read this truck cost as much if not more than a TT)

I do have one last ditch plan though... Instead of selling my car and using that as the down payment.... I need to come up with 10k to use (havnt figured out how though) Then make my 265 a month payments for 48 months, meanwhile I sell my car slowly.. highest possible bidder (more money) then set that amount in a high intrest earning account and add a little to it here and there and walla... not only do I have enough for the final payment, I have enough sitting in there for emergency payments (say by some freak accident all the village inns in abq burn to the ground and I have to find a new job) and some little mods (exhaust, wheels etc)

I just need 10k!!! anyone wanna loan it to me??
Or hell anyone wanna cosign? LOL (ok... so i'm not LOL right now )

thanks... needed to vent
Old 02-03-2001, 07:20 AM

Default Ummmm, he pays for your rent and bills? Perhaps that's what you should focus on covering for....

yourself before thinking about any new car? Understand that everybody's different, but I was paying my mortgage on my first house by the time I was 24.
Old 02-03-2001, 07:25 AM

Default well thats not the deal

As long as i'm in school and making good grades, they pay.

actually they arnt paying out of pocket. A check goes to them every month for oil well royalties etc and they just forward it to me. It would be sent directly to me with my name on it from the company... but then i'd have to pay taxes on it and they dont want me to have to do that (been there... its a PITA)
Old 02-03-2001, 07:26 AM

Default Poor baby...

...why don't you worry about carrying your own weight in life first? How could you enjoying driving a TT knowing that your dad is paying the bills that really count? Maybe he should stop paying your rent and buy a TT for himself!
Old 02-03-2001, 07:29 AM
Elder Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sorry your wishes are not working out, but reality has to set in at some point. My

daughter is 25, I helped a lot with college but she worked to cover her apartment and all other expenses. She's working now, has her own apartment, bought a Jetta. Would she love a TT or some hotter car, you bet. But, she also wants to buy her own house and is investing in her 401K.

Not trying to put you down at all. Put all the other pieces in order and the TT will follow. Love, Mom
Old 02-03-2001, 07:41 AM

Default Patience Grasshopper . . .

. . . I know you don't want to hear that. But the last time we ran a poll here the average age for a TT driver was 36.3 years.

If your parents are paying for your room & board, you are in a very enviable position. Try to save as much money as possible until you are done with school; then you can maybe pay cash for a car or put a large down payment on a house. Either of those would put you way ahead of the average American consumer.

Be patient (and smart), use this situation to build a financial foundation for your life. You'll be glad you did, because there is plenty of time for a TT or whatever the next great car is.
Old 02-03-2001, 07:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL ;-)
Old 02-03-2001, 08:16 AM

Waaaaaaahhhhh ;^0
Old 02-03-2001, 09:05 AM
gtt
AudiWorld Super User

Default Don't feel too bad, we all were kids once too and I never owned such a ride as a TT.

Just rust buckets from hell till I turned 30. Now don't sound so pitiful!
Old 02-03-2001, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Nothing like blackmailing your parents to stay in school.

Save your money for a house so you can get out on your own after school and not have to depend on your parents. I bought my first house when I was 23. I'd rather have a nice house then a nice set of wheels. You ain't really **** if you drive a nice car, but can't support yourself.

I know it sounds like I'm being hard on you, but I think your Dad is right about some things. You realize it in a few years. Forget about the car. Your original post sounds like you are a spoiled brat.

Quick Reply: well so much for a TT :(