TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

well so much for a TT :(

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2001, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an '82 (I think?) Scirocco, it was somewhat "problematic" as well.
Old 02-03-2001, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Worst car I've ever owned was a '74 Scirocco. It was the first model year in Europe. What a POS.
Old 02-03-2001, 03:28 PM

Default Why can't you sell your car?

That should be more then enough money to lease.
Old 02-03-2001, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Hey MCEngeneer...

Where are you located just curious, I was wondering about it the other day. Hey by the way nice Sig.
Old 02-03-2001, 03:43 PM

Default Re: needed to vent?

excuse me... let me rephrase that...

vent my sadness. I'm not pissed at my dad. And he wouldnt be paying a cent for the car... he's never paid a cent for my car that I have now.... All 42k invested in it paid for by me. I've poured through finance plans, monthly payment options, lease options, car appraisals, research etc etc etc for a month now trying to find a feasible way to purchase a car that I really really want. I am allowed to be a tiny bit sadened by the fact that I wont be able to get it, even if I can swing the payments.

Should I just shrug it all off and be an emotionaless blob? I'm sorry but as a woman it is entirely impossible for me to not feel anything
Old 02-03-2001, 03:56 PM

Default Ah thanks.. soo funny

b/c I was searching the archives yesterday and was about to post and see if you got your laptop table finished? If not I think I can conger up an idea after looking at the interior for a couple of minutes (i too plan on building a mount if all goes well).. BTW I live in larchmont NY..
Old 02-03-2001, 03:58 PM

Default Oh im sorry, I thought you were pissed with him..

If your car is worth so much then why not sell it? Obviously you won't get all your money back but Im sure you can get more then enough to lease one..
Old 02-03-2001, 04:17 PM

Default I agree, I bought my first townhome at age 24, and once a homeowner car loans and insurance are . ..

easier to come by and cheaper. A home usually appreciates in value and the monthly payments are tax deductible. Save for a home first!! ;-) (and as a petroleum geologist--are those royalties guaranteed if the field runs dry??) Also, even 30-35 hrs work a week at Village Inn won't help much because you'd be paying taxes on that income.
Sorry to sound like a lecture--hey, do you ever work at the Village Inn near the Albuquerque Airport? My parents have a home in Magdalena and we often stop there for a bite on our way in or out.
Old 02-03-2001, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Actually I finsihed it...

I made it out of plexiglass. It held well, but it was hard to reinforce the table part, I ended up installing an extra diagonal leg, that rested against the main (90 degree- from table) leg. I then used 2 large flat ended screws with thumb nuts to tighten it to another piece of plexiglass on the other side of the knee brace.

It was deffinitly amature night , it served its purpose, while I had the laptop. I am working now on installing a LCD screen some where up front and running a wireless mouse to the front also, and have a laptop in the trunk, with all the MP3s, GPS and DVD (of course not while I drive ;-). I found a while bunch of those little 5" LCD screens. Now it comes down to if I want to set aside the money for that little project. I have several other car projects I am saving for :-) - I need more speeding tickets :-)

If you want I can send you some pictures of the interior so you know what it looks like. Post if you want me to.

Did you order your TT yet? or working it all out. It took me months to work everything out, my list of cars went from 12 to 1 (TT) in 4 months, plus another 4 months for the car. Lots of sleepless nights figuring it all out :-)
Old 02-03-2001, 04:28 PM

Default nope... way on the other side of town... menaul and university

well they are pretty much quaranteed for a few years to come lol... They are pumping alot of other things besides oil... natural gas and saltwater (although I cant understand why you'd want a saltwater well?) All the wells are fairly young... they did some siesmic sonograph thingies? or whatever where you map underground.... and project well life way past that I would need it

anyways... as a petroleum geologist... where/who do you work for?? Ever heard of halliburton industries??? thats where my dad works

oh and I calculated pay for after taxes

Quick Reply: well so much for a TT :(