TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

What Color looks best?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-1999, 05:01 PM
Mush

Default What Color looks best?

Ok I need to order my car and can't decide on the exterior/interior. For exterior it's Black, Desert green, Silver or Blue. Which one looks best to you guys? I though of the the Aviator gray but a guy at the dealership said it looks like primer? I'm leaning towards green with black interior, or maybe a gray interior? Do you think the gray interior looks better than the black. The guy at the delarship said he saw a desert green car and it is real dark, almost black. The picture doesn't look like it though, The problem is I've only seen black/black, silver/black and Black/gray.
Old 08-29-1999, 05:24 PM
Brad Willis

Default Re: What Color looks best?

This is a loaded question, as pretty much everyone will vote for the color that they chose. Taste is a very subjective thing, and what's really important is what strikes your fancy.

The TT is such a stunning car, that it would look good in (almost) any color. One problem with Desert Green and Avaitor Gray, is that almost no one has seen these colors in the flesh, but I'm sure that they look very nice. My advice is to go with your gut feeling, damn the salesmen and forum members.
Old 08-29-1999, 05:32 PM
Joe

Default What's your favorite flavor of ice cream? (more)

My dilemma in selecting a color was that the TT is one of the rare cars that have a distinctly different personality in each different "set of clothes".

That said, the desert green sounds interesting, though I haven't seen it in person. I ordered blue/blue, because I loved the two toned look of the interior when its half black, half blue, and decorated with all the wicked alloy brightwork. The only color I didn't consider (for the interior) is gray.
Old 08-29-1999, 05:59 PM
PaulCWard

Re: Silver w/ Black or Black on Black!!! (nt)
Old 08-29-1999, 06:05 PM
Koo

This is a real tough one. What you say you're leaning toward is actually what I'm waiting for: Desert Green with Aviator gray interior. I didn't order it. The car was one that was allocated to my dealer. I've seen photos and color "chips"--nothing looks the same. No description I've heard is the same. But there are some good photos on the TT Club website that I think are very nice. I'll just have to wait till I see it in person--One thing in green's favor: it certainly won't be as common as the other colors, at least not for awhile, if that means anything. And the gray is dark enough to make a nice contrast for the interior. Good luck!
Old 08-29-1999, 06:13 PM
Bubba

Re: YES! You are correct sir! (nt)
Old 08-29-1999, 06:42 PM
STTeve R

Default Re: What's your favorite flavor of ice cream? (more)

And that may have been a mistake, Joe. I wanted the blue/blue but opted for an available blue/grey and I am really pleased with the decision. Grey/black interior just seems the "normal" color combination; however, I am sure that your blue/blue will look gorgeous for you. That being said, I liked your heading re: favorite flavor of ice cream. While mine is Rocky Road, I don't want that for my TT... :-)
=STTeve
Old 08-29-1999, 06:44 PM
STTeve R

Default Black is black, silver is silver, but blue, ooooohhhh the blue is unique (IMHO) (nt)

nt
Old 08-30-1999, 04:49 AM
bsm

Default Thoughts of an Ad guy...

My good friend is in advertising and he says that the color cars the manufacturers put in their ads are selected carefully. The manufacturers select the color that best highlights the lines of the car. What color is in the TT ads? Silver, baby.
Old 08-30-1999, 05:26 AM
WallyL

The TT looks good in every color. I saw every color at the TT rally and was glad I did not have to pick one. We have a Black/Black because it was available and as it worked out we like it very much.

Quick Reply: What Color looks best?