TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

What is the deal about the zaino having problems in the long term? Saw it on an earlier post...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2000, 06:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Most likely the reasoning is...(more)

...that the contents of Zaino are suspect. I have heard from various sources that Zaino contains petroleum distillates (a post on this board even mentioned it in passing a while back). I have not heard from any Zaino users whether this is true or not. I haven't actually been diligent in tracking anybody down though as my brother has ordered some with which to experiment. If in fact the product does contain distillates then I would shy away from using it. Along with silicones, distillates damage paint over the long term.

BTW, more high-end show cars (read: concours quality) use Zymol glazes than Zaino. Using reasoning such as "if show cars use the product it must be good" is illogical and faulty. I've run into show cars that used run-of-the mill stuff as well as high-end products - it all boils down to what the owner feels works the best for them and/or whether they feel switching to another product is warranted.

To any Zaino users reading this: can you confirm that the Zaino product(s) contain petroleum distillates or not. What are the listed ingredients in the product(s)?