TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

what does the ABS light mean...when it stays on constantly??

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2002, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what does the ABS light mean...when it stays on constantly??

kinda long...

It could be due to the humid weather (canada rainy season), but the errors of tt electronics...

sometimes my dome light stays on, even when the door is closed and the engine is on (so i have to turn it off manually) and later during mid day it starts to work normally...

sometimes (mostly when it rains) my turning signal sticks and does not blink for 1min - 10min(do i have to manually turn it on and off to creat a blink effect?)...

my oil temp goes up to 110+ (from 90) when i turn the car engine off and back on again after 1min or so... (but does come down to 90 after 3min or so...

I have lived with this car in this condition for 1.5 years now - cause nothing is perfect.

BUT recently the ABS light comes on and stays on all the time (but it did go off last time i droped it off to dealer (5 days ago) - so they said it was fine and i had nothing to say...)
Is ABS light one of those probs i have above? should it be ignored? or does that mean the brakes are failing, or brakes are out??

thx for help guys...
btw no one ever fixed any of my probs - so i gave up, lol.
Old 01-03-2002, 10:10 PM
TP

Default I'd take it in every time it lights up. The other items are pretty trivial in comparison,

but this has the potential of being a big safety issue. Hopefully it's nothing, but better to be safe than sorry.
Old 01-04-2002, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sounds like you've got a dealer who just doesn't care......>>

All those problems are fixable. If he blew you off on the ABS light you've got a problem. And so could he if your system failed and you sued his a$$ off......
Old 01-04-2002, 05:16 AM

Default Re: what does the ABS light mean...when it stays on constantly??

My ABS light was on constantly upon delivery and I couldn't get a service appointment for nearly 2 weeks. When the dealer finally got a look at the car, they determined that it was a failed lateral sensor and that the ABS/Traction system had be disabled since delivery.

They overnighted parts and the next day all was OK until they found a mis-welded control arm that caused alignment issues. Another overnight shipment of parts and everything was fixed except for the lock/light bug. After 3 days in the shop, I decided just to get my TT back and deal with that one later.

My first service visit is in a few weeks and I'll have them order a new lock module so that it will be ready for replacement. Hopefully that will be the last of the repairs for a while ;-)