TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

What is fair compensation for showing my car at dealer to prospects?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2000, 06:37 PM
Elder Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is fair compensation for showing my car at dealer to prospects?

For about the 5th time, a salesman approached my car as it was sitting in the service waiting area behind the dealership to show it to a customer. I was there when they did it 5 times, who knows how many times they showed the car when I wasn't there.

I gave the nice couple the grand tour, let the man sit in it, listen to the BOWS, showed them the aliens, hatch space. The guy was absolutely DROOLING when I was done. His wife said "I sure can tell you love this car." Me? Nawwww.

You all know the service department of this dealership treats me really well. But if sales is actually making deals based on the fact that my car is there and can be shown, I think some form of compensation is in order. Don't you?

I was thinking along the lines of an account set up with a certain dollar amount put into it for each closed sale based on showing my car. That way, I can pay for my MTM chip eventually.

I already have more TT **** than I can store in my office, so that's not a good plan. Go ahead, ask me. I have that.

I do enjoy showing the car. Even if it is filthy and has no front seat right now. It was fun. The guy almost crapped when I told him I went through tires in 13000 miles! It was priceless. The salesman said, "Well, most people get 20000 out of them," and winked at me. 20000 wasn't impressive to the guy, I can tell you! He never has had a sports car either, like me.

My car is often there after work since I am good friends with the parts manager and the dealership is across the street. So no, the car is not there all the time for service. OK, maybe it is. Leave me alone.

Whaddya think?
Old 07-31-2000, 06:45 PM

Default Full warranty coverage even with all mods. :-)

<p>225TTQR Red/Black/Black, Audio, Performance Package, Xenons!
Old 07-31-2000, 06:48 PM

Default Maybe they could give you an extended warranty.

Seriously, even if you sell the car, it adds to what you can get for it...and it protects you. I'm very glad I had extended warranties on three of my Audis....saved me many thousands above ten.

You could ask, but going for cash might be awkward?
Old 07-31-2000, 06:58 PM

Default You remember those "Kool" cigarette brand VW Beetles years ago? Just a thought, or

they could pay you to drive around with a big neon pink sign that says "Lose 50 lbs. and own this car in a week - ask me how!"

or

Buy a used taxi meter, install it in your car. Every time you pull into your dealer, you lower the flag, start the meter and say "It's your dime, baby!"

or

In exchange for using your car for a sales piece, they have to wash it every day, and then put it on a large, rotating pedestal with a flashing neon sign above that says "Thanks, Ivan!" or "Ivan's stud-mobile!"

or

Walk into the dealer on a crowded Saturday, and say in a loud voice "Paint my ****ing house!"

Kidding aside, Ivan, we would all make the best TT salespeople because our honest enthusiasm comes through like no saleperson's ersatz enthusiasm ever could. When someone asks me about my TT, my eyes get all big, and they better have a few minutes to spare - let me guess, you're no different.
Old 07-31-2000, 06:59 PM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I vote for hookers and booze. We won't tell Ali, just "be safe".
Old 07-31-2000, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Re: 100 gal. of gas or credit for 1 tire each sale, air line ticket

<p>gary garon
Old 07-31-2000, 07:06 PM
Rest In Peace

Default just a thought

Just like a referral fee, go to the sales manager and state your claim. It will be tough to get him to commit.
The warranty route sounds like the way to go, but it would probably only apply to that dealer, which may or not be good depending on where you are if the car has an issue.
Ultimately it could all be about the show! which may just have to be good enough in the end.

Just my nickels worth..
2001 TTQC 225
Amulett and Aviator Gray
Old 07-31-2000, 07:11 PM
Elder Member

Default Hmmm. The house painting thing would be very good.

And yes, Paul, if you ask about my TT, you HEAR about my TT. I think I blurted out that the "entire car is steel panels except for the hood, which is aluminum for weight savings."

Signed,

The Ur TT Geek
Old 07-31-2000, 07:16 PM

Yeah, hookers and booze! Or at least a wad of singles and a taxi ride to the nearest strip joint :-)
Old 07-31-2000, 07:43 PM
Rest In Peace

Default Re: Hmmm. The house painting thing would be very good.

yeah but the paint fade in FLA is high isn't it????
at the rate you are showing it your house would need it touched up monthly at a minimum...would that coincide with your monthly payments???

Quick Reply: What is fair compensation for showing my car at dealer to prospects?