TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 12:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels

I have a 2000 Quattro and the streets of NYC are killing my wheels. After hitting two different potholes that ripped the lining of my tires i decided to replace the stock Goodyear Potenza by Sumitomo's HTR+. When the tires were of the wheel i noticed the wheels are slightly bent...can they be repaired? or do i have to get new ones?
Thanks
Old 03-24-2003, 12:10 PM

Default Depending on how severe the damage is, alloy rims can be retrued. I'd love to know...

...<font color="003366"> where you got the Goodyear Potenzas.

</font>
Old 03-24-2003, 12:24 PM
Elder Member

Default hey... <hijack> went to a small classic car show this weekend....

not a lot there, but interesting just the same. I thought of "His Emminence" as there was a red Pantera there.

Some pics.... nothing spectacular mind you.<ul><li><a href="http://public.fotki.com/nansaidh/classic_cars/cambria_classic_car_show/">Cambria Classics show</a></li></ul>
Old 03-24-2003, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Depending on how severe the damage is, alloy rims can be retrued. I'd love to know...

oops, I meant Bridgestone...where do you go to get the wheels retrued?
Old 03-24-2003, 12:34 PM

Default Yes and No...

They can be fixed, but it really does depend on whether or not the wheels are severely damaged. Find a local tire shop, or better yet the dealer and they should help you see if they need to be fixed or replaced.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:37 PM

Default And, continuing the hijacking, did you go to Linn's while you were...

...<font color="003366"> in Cambira? Mmmmm. Tasty pies.

FYI, the Auburn and the red Healey were both Tupperware<sup>TM</sup> replicoids. Nice Caddy. And the interior of no Sunbeam Tiger ever looked <i>that</i> good when it rolled out of the factory. Wish you coulda snapped an exterior of it.

I assume things were good on the central coast last weekend.</font>
Old 03-24-2003, 12:43 PM

Default There are places listed in the classifieds in AutoWeek as well as EuropeanCar...

...<font color="003366"> and Import Tuner. An online search will prove fruitful as well.

What part of the world you in?</font>
Old 03-24-2003, 12:46 PM

Default Re: There are places listed in the classifieds in AutoWeek as well as EuropeanCar...

i am in New York City...
Old 03-24-2003, 12:47 PM
Elder Member

Default nah, we usually hit the one in SLO.... just recently went actually.

love Ollalieberry anything. Their pot pies are yummy too.

I remembered that the Auburn was a replica, I think it was built in 77? Can't remember for sure. I thought I had taken more pics of the Tiger, I guess I didn't.

Okay weekend, how 'bout you? At least I got some more work done on the TT East tee shirt. Watched the Malaysian Grand Prix (taped) too (yeay McLaren! LoL).
Old 03-24-2003, 01:06 PM

Default Good weekend. Watched the Malay GP with a bunch of ACCD* chums...

...<font color="003366"> live with Hendrick's Martinis in lieu of the customary espressos.

Here in the Eastern Zone (time) <i>most</i> of the races start about 08:00. But Malaysia and Japan are late night affairs so 'Tinis were the order of the day. All the guys were in the lib staring at the purifying glow of Speedvision (yes I know it's not called that now) while the spouses were jabbering in the rest of the house. For three of the braver couples (i.e. childless) it turned into an impromptu champagne breakfast. It was a good way to end Saturday.

Speaking of restaurants, you been to Jocko's?

As far as TTE is concerned, I passed on the T-Shirt and opted for the cap. You subtly tellin' me I should rethink my choice?</font>

<font color="003366">

*<small> <i>Art Center College of Design</i> in Pasadena. A bunch of reprobate Trans Design majors who made (semi-) good in this thing that passes for an industry.

</small>
</font>

Quick Reply: Wheels