TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Why Brookline Audi in MA Sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2002, 06:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Brookline Audi in MA Sucks!

I dropped in their service dept this am to ask for a SKC so I could swap the ECU in a TT. Knowing it was early monday am and they would be a little busy I was ready with all the necessary codes in my hand so the tech could just punch it up on his computer. His reply: "We don't just do that for people. It takes a lot of time. Schedule an apointment and we will recode it for you, but we can't give the info out for free" I was appauled and told him that like radio codes, other dealers give this info out for free because you can't get it anywhere else, and it makes no sense for me to schedule an apointement and pay labor costs for something that takes less than a minute to produce. His reply: "Go to another dealer then, if they give out the info free" My reply: I will go to another dealer for this and all my parts, service, and car purchase needs...and I will tell everyone I know to do the same...thanks for all your help" The sadest part is that it was obvious from his initial reaction that he had absolutely NO clue what I was even asking for and this is why he was so adversarial. I think he figured it would take him 1/2 an hour or more just to figure out where to begin to look...hence his need to bill me for his training time. So basically the lesson I learned is that the service reps at Brookline Audi not only have poor technical knowledge but have even worse customer service skills.

Guess I'll stick with Clair...they were even nice enough to reaim my xenons last service for free, even though it was obvious that the reason they were out of aim was because the car was lowered...and not a warranty claim in any way. Thanks guys!

sorry...I had to vent!
-dw
Old 08-12-2002, 07:04 AM

Default Ever try Bernardi in Natick, MA?

New service center and supposedly same day appts when necessary. Wondering if they are more competent...

Mine from Rietzl, but haven't hit 10000 yet!
Old 08-12-2002, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Don't feel bad. Our dealer (Rietzl) didn't know how to reset the service due indicator

Nor were they aware there was a TSB on the DV when our first one failed
Old 08-12-2002, 11:30 AM

Default Stick with Clair. I have had great luck with them.

Brookline and Bernardi are where the horror stories always come from.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:54 AM
jdh

Default I guess they haven't changed in three years...

I stopped at Brookline when I was looking to buy the TT three years ago. They were insulting and dismissive, so I wound up at Bernardi. Natick was a bit out of my way, but they are far more professional.

I can only guess that they are still in business due to a good location.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:58 AM

Default I use Park Audi in Lawrence

These guys are good. They know what they are doing and care about you.
Old 08-12-2002, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Why Brookline Audi in MA Sucks!

Clair seems to have good attitude even when their techs miss something. In my most recent dealings with them, what could have been huge frustrations were reasonable because they bent over backward to get both the fix and the customer taken care of, albeit on the second try. My sense is that Audi of USA has set the customer service bar so low with their own ineptitude that rude and uninformed dealers are tolerated.
Old 08-12-2002, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

FYI: Park is moving to Nashua
Old 08-12-2002, 05:30 PM

Default Re: FYI: Park is moving to Nashua

I know, but it will still be closer then Boston for me and hopefully the service will be just as good. They will be right off of Route 3.
Old 08-12-2002, 05:36 PM

not soon enough! (their web site says Fall 2002)

Quick Reply: Why Brookline Audi in MA Sucks!