TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Why are our TT's still at port? - the answere from AoA (long)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-1999, 08:04 AM
JMaTT

Default Why are our TT's still at port? - the answere from AoA (long)

Allright, I have spent most of this week talking to Audi of America. My TT was a build week 33, and was in port at Boston by friday September 10th. That was exactly four weeks ago. For those of you in the same boat (no pun intended), my TT (and most of yours apparently) is still sitting at port and hasn't even cleared through yet. I was told by AoA that average delivery time is 10-14 days from your car clearing. That means I still have at LEAST 2 weeks to go. If my calculations are correct that means it is taking Audi at least 45 days to deliver a car AFTER it hits our shores.

Their explanation: We're just behind, and the hurricane forced the port to shut down for a couple of days. They did verify that my car has no damage, and that there are no repairs waiting to be made, they just haven't "got to" my car yet. According to AoA, there are a TON of TT's in the same situation right now, so it could still be 2-4 weeks before we get our cars.

The embarassing part is that my brother just bought a BMW 3 series......10 DAYS from port to receipt of vehicle in his driveway!!! Hello....Audi.....isn't BMW your biggest competitor? They are currently putting your organizationto shame!!!!

GET ME MY CAR!!!!!!

Well, I doubt that helped at all, but I feel better. ;-)
Old 10-08-1999, 08:48 AM
bsm

Default In defense of Audi (more)

My car arrived in port in Houston on September 11, at the Dallas dealer on September 18, and in my driveway on September 20. Maybe the hurricane explains the delay in Boston, but you may be jumping the gun on announcing that Audi's organization is being put to shame by BMW. Please don't take this the wrong way. I would be upset too if I was still waiting on my car, but I don't think you can really generalize Audi delivery to BMW delivery based on your isolated circumstance.
Old 10-08-1999, 09:30 AM
JMaTT

Default It's not my ISOLATED problem. By Audi's own admission, several HUNDRED of us are affected (nt)

nt
Old 10-08-1999, 10:21 AM
Koo

Default Re: In defense of Audi (more)

My car was Build Week 32, also went to port at Boston on 9/10. I took delivery on 9/28 after my dealer called AoA and bitched at them on 9/23. So there seems to be more than a couple of "circumstances" here. I have had no responses from AoA myself other than PR bullsh**. Get your dealer involved.
Old 10-08-1999, 10:24 AM
STTeve R

Default Shame on US Customs! Better to throw TEA than TTs overboard in rebellion!!! (nt)

nt
Old 10-08-1999, 10:54 AM
Joe

Default And I'm probably among you guys. :( How often have you(s) been calling your salespeople? (bit more)

Is once a week excessive?
Old 10-08-1999, 11:39 AM
Rich

Hey, come on. That PR bulls**t pays the bills for some people! :-P
Old 10-08-1999, 12:27 PM
tks

Funny, I was actually amazed by the speed and efficiency it took to get my TT from the port of Houston to Nebraska (although I did have mid-July delivery). It took about seven to eight days. While a problem may exist, I rather doubt that AoA is blind or simply ignorant to it.
Old 10-08-1999, 12:37 PM
Scott

Default How often have you(s) been calling your salespeople?

I was once a month until I got a VIN and Once a week thereafter. That did not seem to unreasonable.
Old 10-08-1999, 12:43 PM
JMaTT

Default Hello people, facts are facts. Do you think 6 weeks from port is acceptable? (nt)

nt

Quick Reply: Why are our TT's still at port? - the answere from AoA (long)