TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Why are our TT's still at port? - the answere from AoA (long)

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-1999, 12:48 PM
John TT

Default Audi USA's sales are way up (I think over 50% in Sep)

needless to say, they're probably a little overworked, but doing the best that they can
Old 10-08-1999, 01:51 PM
tks

Your right facts are facts...the question is do we have all of them? (nt)
Old 10-08-1999, 04:11 PM
JMaTT

Default Answer the question - is 6 weeks reasonable performance? (nt)

nt
Old 10-08-1999, 07:08 PM
mlb

Default I called once per week, and even visited to look at report . . .

And my TT just arrived at the Dealer today! I GOT THE CALL - will likely have to wait until monday to pick it up. Build Week 33, at Houston on 9/23, at dealer on 10/8.
Old 10-09-1999, 03:31 AM
DennyA

Scott, having lived in Chicago, the plural (and often singlular) of "you" is "youse." :-) (nt)
Old 10-09-1999, 06:49 AM
Jeff

Default Re: Why are our TT's still at port? - the answere from AoA (long)

You sound like my six year old waiting for Santa! If you want a BMW 3 series...help yourself! If you want a TT, patience is required. As you know, the TT demand far exceeds current production capabilities. (BMW wishes it had the same problem for their 3 series). Furthermore BMW sold 78,000 cars in the US for the first 6 months of '99, Audi sold 28,000. BMW's distribution centers are used to more volume. AoA continues to set sales records month after month with all its' models; with growth comes growing pains. By calling Audi of America to inquire on the whereabouts of "your" TT don't you in effect slow the process? I doubt AoA has a dedicated staff member to answer the "where's my car" questions from retail customers. Every time these calls come in, it takes the staff member away from their normal responsiblities...maybe this staff person fills out customs forms but cannot do so because they spend half their day dealing with calls from impatient retail customers. Yes,I want my car too, but I don't think calling Audi will get it here any quicker.
Old 10-09-1999, 07:18 AM
SAF

Default I had mine 5 days after it arrived in Port of Houston. (more)

Of course I'm <i>in</i> Houston, but they processed it and had it out in 3 or 4 days.
Old 10-09-1999, 01:57 PM
JMaTT

Default You obviously have no clue how 1-800-FOR-AUDI works....(more)

Answer the question: Is 6 weeks reasonable for ANY car company under ANY circumstance?

As for the rest of your post....Yes, Audi has customer advocated who do this specifically. I suggest you talk about things you know about before spouting off and calling someone a 6 year old.
Old 10-09-1999, 02:01 PM
JMaTT

Default Point 2: your argument about BMW? (more)

You obviously failed logical argument 101.
You say BMW wishes it had the same problem (demand for the cars) as Audi, and then you point out BMW sold 50,000 more cars than Audi?
Are you just clueless?
Old 10-09-1999, 02:05 PM
JMaTT

Default point 3: Do you actually read this forum? (more)

You doubt calling has an impact? Did you read KOO's post on this topic? In that case, bringing the delay to light got some dealer action and the car. Of course, I'm not sure you have read many posts here.

Quick Reply: Why are our TT's still at port? - the answere from AoA (long)