TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Why is it that when a female adult teacher has sex with a minor male student...

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2002, 09:11 PM
Eighth Member of AudiWorld. God-like, glorious and all-knowing.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Why is it that when a female adult teacher has sex with a minor male student...

They treat the subject very delicately. It's all about love, emotions, feelings, etc.

However, when the roles are reversed, and it's a male adult teacher having sex with a minor woman, he is demonized as a pedophile, and the media pretty much wants to cut off his thingy and then stone him to death?

Tonight, there was a NBC special about a 33 year-old female teacher who had a sexual relationship with a 15 year-old male student, and I don't think they would have been so kind and sensitive towards a male teacher under similar circumstances.

Everyone's obviously very wrong, but I wonder why the double standard exists?
Old 10-29-2002, 09:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default similar to the way male rape victims are treated... I feel it to be a very large double standard...

personally anyone that rapes should be killed, but when it is a male that is attacked it rarly comes up, and the they are almost laughed at. I don't agree that all men are out for sex, and never say no, I know dozens of attractive women that I would say no to. I don't know, my 2 cents.
Old 10-29-2002, 09:23 PM

Default Just like when...

A man is accused of physical violence or sexual harrassment it is viewed in a much different and more serious light than when the women is the suspect.

I can't tell you how many times I've been the victim of physical violence by women, but if I did the same thing, they'd call the police, have me arrested, and then sue me! I hate those out dated double standards!
Old 10-29-2002, 09:29 PM

would 'yeah-HUMbert, yeah-HUMbert' be an appropriate thing to say?
Old 10-29-2002, 11:14 PM

Default pobresito

figure the ratios. THINK.
Old 10-29-2002, 11:39 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default that's an easy one. it's about popularly accepted gender roles in culture

males love to propogate the strong image - that we're the ones in control. the media furthers this idea, through all outlets, but largely through advertising.

thus. in a male teacher / female student relationship, it is clear that the male was exerting his natural (i would disagree, and say learned here, but i won't get into a nature / nurture argument. suffice it to say that innate gender tendencies are popularly attributed and accepted) tendency for dominance, and exerting force in order to coerce the female student into a relationship.

female teacher / male student. because of her 'innate' passivity and sensitivity, the female teacher would of course never enter into a relationship unless there were true feelings involved. (even though she possesses referent power in the student / teacher relationship, which could easily subordinate the male into believing that this sort of relationship is somehow ok) the male, on the other hand, even despite his subordinate (strictly based on age in this instance) status, could have somehow exerted his gender-related dominant tendencies, and forced himself into the relationship, and coerced the teacher.

therefore, because the minor is seen to have had more control over the relationship (vis-a-vis the reversed gender one) ..and the minor is allowed to transgress more because of age, this relationship is less harmful / in violation of norms than the male teacher relationship.

imho.
Old 10-29-2002, 11:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default HAHAHA, yup, Mary's story.....I actually know a friend who knows that 15 year old kid...

This happened like 4 years ago.
Old 10-30-2002, 02:58 AM
Elder Member

Default It is because in both circumstances the female is, in some way, perceived as the victim.

In the older male situaiton, it's obvious why that is the case. In the older female situation, I think it's much more incidious. The females are the ones "with the emotions" and the older woman must have been somehow "lured" or "deceived" into the relationship by the male minor. Besides, the guy is perceived as lucky to get some at such a young age. I think that kind of rationalization is taking place in the minds of many even if it's not explicit and at the front of their thoughts. Just IMHO.
Old 10-30-2002, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Same thing here in Chicago - Female Teacher has sex with 3 different boys- Comments were how could

she be so dumb, imagine the hurt to her family, certainly the boys knew what they were doing.

Talk about double standards:
If the teacher would have been a guy, he would have been dead by now.
Old 10-30-2002, 06:07 AM

Good comments. On the money & nice siggie. Time to get rid of anti-male double standards!

Quick Reply: Why is it that when a female adult teacher has sex with a minor male student...