TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

winter tires - revisited

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-1999, 01:52 PM
Jason

Default winter tires - revisited

...called my Audi dealer today to enquire about stock 16" rims to mount my winter tires... They claim that there are none available (most Canadian TT's were ordered with 17" mags). They also said that no other Audi rims fit on the TT due to different bolt configs.

So, I now have to find the rims on my own. I would prefer actual rims as oppose to wheels/caps...

I need to know what the TT's bolt config is. How is this even measured?

Does any one know of specific manufaturers that make rims "compatible" with the TT?

And, lastly, anywhere good to order these in Canada (as US based Tirerack.com would kill me on currency exchange).

Quick feedback would be appreciated, as the snow begins to mount here in Montreal.

Thanks

Jason
Old 12-29-1999, 02:15 PM
Denny

Default You may not want to order from Tirerack.com, but (more)

you can go on their website and click on Audi TT and they show you a few compatible wheels at least. There are some BBS, Borbet and other brands that are compatible. I went down to a 16" for the winter and have a Borbet Type C which is 16x7.5. A few of us in CT got together last night and Jenner may post the pictures of my winter tires in case you are interested in them. They look just fine for winter tires.
Old 12-29-1999, 02:49 PM
Jason

Default Re: You may not want to order from Tirerack.com, but (more)

...thanks for the info.

So, is it safe to assume that 16x7.5 is the rim dimensions? What about the bolt configuration the Audi guy seemed concerned over?

Jason
Old 12-29-1999, 03:16 PM
LarryTT

Denny, the winter tire/wheel combo looks just fine on your car
Old 12-29-1999, 03:25 PM
Denny

Merci
Old 12-29-1999, 03:28 PM
Cliff Melick

So where are the pix? Jenner, I'll bet!
Old 12-29-1999, 03:56 PM
Denny

Yep, he's probably adding a sound track :-}
Old 12-29-1999, 04:32 PM
Chuck C.

Default Re: winter tires - revisited

I'm delighted with 16 in TSW Revo wheels ($159 each) and Michelin Pilot Alpins from Discount Tire Direct. Tire Rack doesn't seem to carry TSW wheels , which I like a lot better than Borbet etc. BBS are very nice, but at $400 or so, too much for my snow tire wheels.
Old 12-29-1999, 04:34 PM
LarryTT

Default Actually they are on his site, he is just creating a website for them.

Most of them came out too dark and he only has about 6-8 pics. They look pretty good though.

Larry
180TTQ
Old 12-29-1999, 05:25 PM
Rick in Colorado

I got four Blizzaks + 16" (steel) wheels + covers from Tirerack for $688 delivered (eom)

Quick Reply: winter tires - revisited