TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Worth Noting: Always look for out-of-order signs at the gas pump. :-(

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2000, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worth Noting: Always look for out-of-order signs at the gas pump. :-(

Ok, sounds simple right? Well, I didn't notice the sign. I've always figured that if the thing was out of order the gas pump wouldn't work. Well, I was wrong.

The other day, I filled up the TT at my usual gas station.. and the usual pump. I didn't really look at the unit but it took my credit card and the gallons pumped indicator went to zero when I chose my fuel grade (93 of course).

I turned the nozzle on and started to walk over to wash the windshield when much to my surprise gasoline started to pour out of the gas pump! No, not out of the nozzle in my car or the other nozzles in the pump. The gas started to pour out of a hole around the 89 octane nozzle. I only dumped $1.72 worth of gas on the ground and was fortunate that I didn't park very close to the pump with the TT, so it went unscathed.

Just thought you guys my find this one odd.

Oh, and yes, this is the same gas station where the friendly patron decided he was going to get in my TT to have a look around. I think I might be finding a new gas station. :-)