TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Worth the wait and surprised as well...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-1999, 06:34 AM
Chuck Palm

Default Worth the wait and surprised as well...

I've been away from this forum because I picked up my new tt in Beaverton, Or.<br>on Tuesday. Its great. Been driving ever since. I didn't think I would like the black on black version, but it is gorgeous. Pictures don't do it justice. The car was delivered in near perfect condition. The only problem was a slight black overspray on the inside metal part of the door handle. I took it back and they fixed it in five seconds.<p>The first comment I received from a passer by was "Totally Tenacious."<br>That says it all. (I think it was a compliment???) Another gentleman offered me 40K cash on the spot. I said "NO" That was a case where two fools met. (I'm still glad I didn't take it though.)<p>Several people have asked why I sold my '98 New Beetle. I always reply,<br>the bug was love but the tt is lust. Could it be my priorities are backwards???<br> I think NOT!<br> Bye for Now, Chuck<p><p>
Old 08-20-1999, 10:00 AM
Steve M

Default Re: Worth the wait and surprised as well...

I also have black on black. Try putting a dark tint on the windows, it looks great.
Old 08-20-1999, 12:32 PM
Joe

Default thanks...

Always nice to hear about someone else's satisfaction. My Blue/Blue FWD will hopefully be in within six weeks. I CAN't WAIT!!!!<p>I saw another Blue/Blue TT around town last night. I've seen the guy before. Anyway he was outside a Pizza place and it looked like four or five people had pinned him down so they could gawk..... <p>
Old 08-20-1999, 08:03 PM
Brad Willis

Default Congratulations! ...

It's preTTy exciting when one's TT finally arrives after such a long wait. If you have driven the FWD, I'd be interested in some comparisons, and of course your overall impressions are welcome as well.<p>BTW, are you any relation to Rosie Palm or any of her sisters?