TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Wouldn't the easiest thing to avoid future issues be for Schwing to become an official advertiser?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wouldn't the easiest thing to avoid future issues be for Schwing to become an official advertiser?

I mean heck, he has a good product. Might as well advertise it officially.

This is kinda like what Raffi had gone through.
He became an official advertiser and that was the end of the nonsense.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:00 AM
Elder Member

**ding**
Old 11-18-2003, 09:03 AM

Default Thats assuming he makes money on the TTDA to pay for advertising

I don't think he does. I say we find out how much it would be and we all chipped in. I'm willing to donate.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default well apparently many claim that the TTDA is the best intake for the TT so there is no

reason that he couldn't make enough to cover the expenses for advertising.

Word of mouth advertising is already done. This fiasco alone should put him over the top.
The question is does he have the ability to produce enough to cover the demand? Or does he even care to mass produce the TTDA?

Everyday some newbie ask about the TTDA or some lurkers wonders what the heck does that stand for?
I know I did and then clicked on Fotki and looked at the pics. I thought it was all very cool stuff.

He already has a great reputation and people trust his advice and he has been around this forum for God knows how long. This should be cake for him IMHO.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Founder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I have been relatively quiet on this one

But I guess what it comes down to - and I'd really like Steve himself to answer rather than playing along with the... awwww shucks.... I'm just the victim here - is the subtle line between being one of the best resources around (an enthusiast's enthusiast) and having a small business which cashes in on both the "fame" of being the great resource and the <i>visibility</i> provided by a discussion forum like AudiWorld.

The word of mouth has spread via the forums. The credibility and integrity has developed via the forums. It's not a matter of us trying to hold somebody down or be unappreciative of Steve as a resource. It's not a matter of advertisers complaining. It is all about having to interpret that subtle line, about interpretting intent, about being consistent in application of policies, etc.

I think I may have asked this the last time we went through this and never gotten an answer - Steve what do you think the solution should be? How would you like to evolve the relationship with AudiWorld? What is your preferred end state? Can you say exactly what you'd like to be able to do and let's see if we can find a solution that satisfies everybody?

Help us understand your point of view and let's have an open dialogue about it because the status quo is not good enough.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

AW's rates are astronomical, based on the income generated.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:36 AM

This isnt his full time job. You are assuming he'd want it to be
Old 11-18-2003, 09:39 AM
Elder Member

Old 11-18-2003, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Founder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default That plum was yummy

I have no idea what you are talking about half the time.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:43 AM

Status Quo - FYI

Quick Reply: Wouldn't the easiest thing to avoid future issues be for Schwing to become an official advertiser?