TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Wow, I just had a horrible conversation with Rockville Porsche-Audi (major rant)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YEA HUM!
Old 09-19-2002, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default This is a VERY common problem with VAG cars for years - it's bad seals in the

oil/coolant piece that fits above the oil filter. Allows oil to leak into the coolant. I can't believe that did that to you.
Old 09-20-2002, 04:44 AM

Default on reproducing problems, and the clutch

if he has a TT - any year, any mileage - then he has a "like" car to compare to. I guess his implication is that it would "OK" in some cases if the clutch action degraded seriously from its original behavior over 35K miles, so if he's lucky enough to find another TT as bad as yours, then it's "OK". (note: I don't know how bad yours is) I suppose it's always possible that the clutch is in fact worn out, and they are trying to avoid the possibility of having to replace it on Audi's dime... that wouldn't be surprising. I bet they'd be much more willing to look at the problem if your car was past the warranty.

as for reproducing hard-to-replicate problems, I do have some sympathy for them on that count. It's not really reasonable to expect them to "drive the car for hours" until the problem might happen. but they could still try to work with you. for example, you could agree that if you can get the problem to occur and are able to drive to the dealer when it is happening, they'd be willing to give it a quick look then. and like you say, they should at least be willing to consider the possibilities that might cause it. the issue isn't whether it is happening or not - it's *why*. sometimes it sounds like they won't believe you until they see it, but after they see it, they still won't have any idea what to do about it. so maybe you don't want them working on your car anyway... (?)

anyway, the rainstorm/insurance baloney gave them away. they really aren't interested in fixing your problems at all. go somewhere else if you can. and good luck!
Old 09-20-2002, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

That's what started my problems. The oil cooler allowed oil (lots) into the coolant
Old 09-20-2002, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Interesting!
Old 09-20-2002, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default It shall be done!

Thanks Steve
Old 09-20-2002, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I assume I'd mount the oil cooler where the RF intercooler is now?
Old 09-20-2002, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Last evening was really a low point. I was seriously ready to call it quits
Old 09-20-2002, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I think that's my current plan.........>>

Was going to mount a Mocal unit on top of the FMIC, but one of the guys in the UK reported some cooling load problems with that location....He moved it to the Right front. Gotta measure for lines and correct core size. Keep one of your fans in place for this.....This might be the place for the air pressure switched turn on kits we have. I already ordered the bypass kit and sandwich plate. Stay tuned.
Old 09-20-2002, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Will do, Thanks Steve

Quick Reply: Wow, I just had a horrible conversation with Rockville Porsche-Audi (major rant)