TT (Mk1) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk1 Audi TT Coupe & Roadster produced from 2000-2006

Yankee Car Museum

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-1999, 04:07 AM
Rik

Default Yankee Car Museum

The wife & I took a TTrek (another good vanity plate) to the Yankee Candle Factory & There was an attatched Car museum...<br>Great cars... wait a minute could they have one?....I turned ....there it was..... My dream car!!!!! A Mercedes Gull wing coupe! The car I could not buy when came of age and the price just kept going up beyond my grasp ... What do they want 100 -300 grand? I had only seen it "in the flesh" twice before. I was on a high!!! Absolutely The Penultimate in the Pepe Scheme of things-Yeah so BFD there are faster cars, better handling cars Just like the TT- But is has what the TT has EMOTIONAL POWER, Balance& purity of design. A work of art.<br>ArTT (another good Name) But, I Drove there in my latter day dream car, the TT.<br>The only other car that made me feel the same way. The one I swore that would not get away. And that is why I had to have this coupe NOW. No waiting.No regrets!!!!! <br>Rik
Old 07-26-1999, 05:43 AM
chick draper

Default Re: Yankee Car Museum

Rik,<p>I'm with you 100%! This is the car that did it for me, as well. I always thought that when I had the money I would purchase a 190SL because of it's similarity (and price). Now I do and along comes the TT. Moves me in a way no car has in many years. I'll be joining you folks in a couple months. I can't wait!
Old 07-26-1999, 10:43 AM
PeterK

Default Gullwing available

There will be a Mercedes gullwing available for sale at auction at this year's Owl's Head Transportation Museum, Owl's Head Maine, outside Rockland, annual auction.<p>We were there a couple of weeks ago and couldn't believe the were going to sell it.<p>For more information on the auction http://www.ohtm.org <p>Usually, vehicles in this auction go well under market price. Lots of fun to watch too.<p>Email me directly if I can help (we live 45 minutes from Owl's Head)<br>
Old 07-26-1999, 02:05 PM
Ed Burley

Hmm. This company does own Lamborgini. Why not?
Old 07-26-1999, 04:10 PM
Rik

Default I am beyond words. What a great JPEG! Thank you! A Jpeg is worth a 1000 words!

Wow
Old 07-26-1999, 04:57 PM
Brad Willis

As a side note, Yankee Candle recently went public. As you know, I work for one of the world's largest (if not the largest) underwriter of new securities, and we were the lead manager for the Yankee Candle IPO.<p>I jokingly suggested that we change their name to E-Candles or Candles.Com and double the size of the deal. I'm certain that the speculators would jump all over it, and it would probably double or triple from the initial offering price. Alas, no such luck, it's still Yankee Candle. By the by, I totally agree, that gullwing Benz is very hot!
Old 07-26-1999, 05:40 PM
Rik

Default Why I posted it. (long-winded...)

I know it seemed off topic, but for me it right on TTopic.<br>The TT is a piece of magic<br>The gullwing is a piece of magic.<br>The only 2 cars that have ever made me feel this way.<br>It seems like forever... but probably loved the car since 1961. My father bought a Mercedes Benz 220 SE, in fact bought it in the factory on Stuggart & had it shipped it over. He procured many "trinkets" at the factory for his 4 boys back home. My gift was a postcard with the 300sl. A postcard that I amazingly still have today.<br>Well it was all that this 8 year old could handle. <br>To see the 300 sl in the Flesh And drive home in a TT is quite a day indeed!<p>So when I read about that guy who isn't going to buy the TT because of all the "defects" just leaves me stunned. Blind.
Old 07-27-1999, 11:20 AM
MRL

Default Re: Why I posted it. (long-winded...)

Right on with the Gull Wing! Another note, has anyone noticed the similarity between the rare and beautiful Abarth Carrera and the TT, at least from the A piller back.<p>http://www.anit.es/cporschecat/abartde.htm