TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

'09 TT - Think they fixed the seat issues etc?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 05:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '09 TT - Think they fixed the seat issues etc?

The local dealer just sent out the new order guide for the '09 TT here in Canada (no price yet .... I've always been told if you can wait, it's best to buy a new car a year or two into production so they can work out any kinks or issues ...

Do you think Audi has fixed the seat sagging issues with the 09 Model TT? Some of the other posts on here mention alot of rattles and ESP faults, do you think these problems would be less so in 2009? I'm ready to order one but jeez it's alot of money to spend knowing it could potentially have these issues.

Oh and while I'm at it ... any sites that have up to date reliability ratings? ie consumer guide etc (which doesn't have 08 info yet)

Thanks guys love tapping into your insight!
Old 05-23-2008, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I haven't seen many rattle or ESP fault posts. Don't worry about those little things.

Every car model will have people that post little niggling issues that really aren't widespread. Remember, more people will complain than talk about things being perfect. I don't have any rattles or ESP faults and I don't think most people here do either. Take quattrophina's complaints with a grain of salt..he complains about everything

Get the car and enjoy it. Don't worry about what consumer guides says about the car. If you read those things, you'll end up in a Toyota or Honda. I've been reading this forum for well over a year now and no one has had any major problems at all in that period.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:05 AM

Buy it IF you want one, don't look back & don't worry about a sagging seat.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:13 AM

Default Re: I haven't seen many rattle or ESP fault posts. Don't worry about those little things.

good point, funny thing is I have a honda civic now ..... and its booooring, which is why I'm looking at this car
Old 05-23-2008, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm hearing so much variable info on the seat issue ...

went to my dealer this AM - and looked at the dealership owner's personal TTR, which has been driven like crazy. The seat looks perfect without any distorted leather on the cushion. Maybe only overweight people are experiencing this problem (just kidding, folks). I'm expecting my car to be delivered on Monday and will post impressions and any problem areas once I get some miles/experience with it.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:24 AM

Default Not enough time.

Most people take the demo out for a spin and are gone 15 or 20 min., so the seats don't have enough butt time on them. I also think it's related to your driving position. My driver seat leather is stretched, but my wife's seat is fine. In fact, all the one's I've seen stretched are the driver's. I tend to recline alot when I drive and maybe that's why seat is stretched and the wife's is not.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default No - this is the deal ...

that car I'm referring to is driven daily by the owner and is > a year old. The seat has no creases and looks essentially new. I understand that others spend 15" on a test drive, but this car gets lots of seat time.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:08 PM

Default Bony Butts?

I have a bony butt and my seat is stretched, but my wife has a padded butt and her seat is fine! Heard of 1 person on forum who is using a folded towel on his seat and his is fine, so maybe it is a padding issue after all.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:31 PM

Default REALLY? name my complaints? I paid $74,000.00 CDN which is $75,000.00 today in US dollars

so I think anyone paying that kind of cash can voice their opinion. I think if "you" had paid $75,000.00 for your TT, you'd be a little more picky about things. I expect my car at that price to be near perfect, plain and simple...

I'm waiting for my list of complaints... smart guy.

Please don't mention my name in your posts, spare me. Mind your own business.
Old 05-23-2008, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I think he was more joking than serious...

Quick Reply: '09 TT - Think they fixed the seat issues etc?