TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

2012 tt mmi

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 07:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 tt mmi

i just picked up my car and i cant get the thing to read my sdch card for nothing. it sees theres a card in there but wont let me select it. i formated it to fat32 and computer reads it fine.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ely2000
i just picked up my car and i cant get the thing to read my sdch card for nothing. it sees theres a card in there but wont let me select it. i formated it to fat32 and computer reads it fine.
It should read the files on it. Are you trying to play MP3s? It should read those files and also folders if you have them. One thing to check is the file names. AFAIK, if they are too long, nothing will show up.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I've got a 32 GB SDHC card in my 2012 TT RS and I haven't had any problems reading it. I didn't have to format it or anything. It worked the first time I inserted it. I think 32 GB is the max it can read though.

Good Luck!

r
Old 01-24-2012, 04:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Me too..I did not have to do anything from my 2012 to read and play the contents of the SD card. On a different note...make sure you can eject your Nav CDROM from drive...mine was still locked (dealer is suppose to unlock during PDI)
Old 01-24-2012, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I was able to remove my NAV CDROM from the drive, but the NAV confuses me a little bit. Can you use the NAV without the CD in the drive? It seems like that's the case, but who wants to keep it in the drive all the time? GPS on my phone works just fine without the need for anything, but software and satellites.

I'm thinking maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks,
r
Old 01-24-2012, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Far as I know, the disc is your map set.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I guess it makes sense. Without some kind of carrier, cell phone, internet connection, etc, we can't just grab navigation out of the air. It would be pretty sweet if it could use your cell phone connection to integrate maps/navigation into the NAV.

I rarely ever use the NAV. I'd rather be listening to music

r
Old 01-24-2012, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HarnessedLunacy
I guess it makes sense. Without some kind of carrier, cell phone, internet connection, etc, we can't just grab navigation out of the air. It would be pretty sweet if it could use your cell phone connection to integrate maps/navigation into the NAV.

I rarely ever use the NAV. I'd rather be listening to music

r
What begins to make sense (to me) is to be able to dock your cell phone where the screen is now, and to be able to use it as the interface. It could handle the nav duty, music control, communications, etc., and just go with you when you park.

Issue? Well I don't use the GPS function on my iPhone, so I don't know, but does it still work when you've got no bars?
Old 01-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Dave_2012_TT_prestige
Me too..I did not have to do anything from my 2012 to read and play the contents of the SD card. On a different note...make sure you can eject your Nav CDROM from drive...mine was still locked (dealer is suppose to unlock during PDI)
ya mine was too so i had to have them unlock it.

also can you put movies on the card and still read it?
Old 01-25-2012, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

With no bars, GPS will give you hell by either giving you incorrect directions, late directions, or losing the route completely. I suppose that's the fatal flaw of wireless technology.

As for movies, I haven't tried playing a movie in the car so I have no idea. You would think movies would be restricted so you couldn't get distracted by watching from the drivers seat. I think different states have different laws about that.

r

Quick Reply: 2012 tt mmi