TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

APR TUNE

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if the 3.2L APR tune is worthwhile? The APR stats look like this is a minimal gain.

Also, does this mod affect the Audi warranty?
Old 04-20-2010, 07:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by crewltof
Does anyone know if the 3.2L APR tune is worthwhile? The APR stats look like this is a minimal gain.

Technically, yes, the mod would void the warranty. Two assumptions: 1) The remap is detected as a remap and not just an unknown code error and 2)you have no relationship whatever with your service team!

I haven't looked at their data for the 3.2, but considering that a lot of the gain for the 2.0T (whichever version) comes from upping the turbo's pressure, an option not available on the NA 3.2, since there's no turbo to manipulate, that would be why there's less of a bump in the numbers.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Guys - Just got my TT flashed today with the full boat Stage 1.
91 $ 93 octane modes are the only two I've tried so far, but the difference is HUGE!! I would not doubt the numbers previously posted.
Running my tank down to fumes so I can put some napalm in.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

2009 Audi TTS: measured 0-60 4.65 pre tune and 4.30 after stage 1 APR. Stock diverter valve works fine but is a weak link from durability perspective and will eventually fail. The forge is better made and much more durable but I was told by my tuner that the valve is a bit slower, hurting performance. Guess we'll have to wait for a better product . . .
Old 05-03-2010, 06:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kendoist4162
Guys - Just got my TT flashed today with the full boat Stage 1.
91 $ 93 octane modes are the only two I've tried so far, but the difference is HUGE!! I would not doubt the numbers previously posted.
Running my tank down to fumes so I can put some napalm in.
What are you driving? 2.0? 3.2? FWD/Quattro?
Old 05-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

What are you driving? 2.0? 3.2? FWD/Quattro?
I'm driving a black on black 2009 2.0 quattro.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got my '08 3.2 quattro done a few weeks ago (guessing about 3-400 miles), with the exception of the software the car is stock. I had no error codes. I got the stock, 91,93 and valet programs. I don't expect to spend much time, if any running 100 octane so it seemed pointless.

So far I have only run the 91 octane program, and only for daily driving, and ruinning errands around town, and the constant rain here has encouraged me to take it easy.

First impressions were kind of unimpressive. The butt dyno says there is a little more at the top end, and somewhat better than that at the bottom and mid, but nothing mind blowing.

Oddly, I have also noted slightly better fuel mileage, to the tune of about 20 or so extra miles per tank, but that could just be driving in the rain.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jason S
I got my '08 3.2 quattro done a few weeks ago (guessing about 3-400 miles), with the exception of the software the car is stock. I had no error codes. I got the stock, 91,93 and valet programs. I don't expect to spend much time, if any running 100 octane so it seemed pointless.

So far I have only run the 91 octane program, and only for daily driving, and ruinning errands around town, and the constant rain here has encouraged me to take it easy.

First impressions were kind of unimpressive. The butt dyno says there is a little more at the top end, and somewhat better than that at the bottom and mid, but nothing mind blowing.

Oddly, I have also noted slightly better fuel mileage, to the tune of about 20 or so extra miles per tank, but that could just be driving in the rain.
Thanks for the comments Jason. I'm thinking I'll pass on the program upgrade for now, but the mileage increase has my interest. I'd love to hear a follow-up after you've time tested this.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm not hearing good things on the APR Divert valves
Old 05-23-2010, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Has anyone ran into problems when taking there car in for service with the APR tune. I am due for my 5000 mile service this week and was wondering if I needed to remove the tune before I take it in.

Quick Reply: APR TUNE