TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Audi Refusing to fix both sagging seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Refusing to fix both sagging seats

I just heard back from Audi that they refuse to fix both of my sagging seats because the passenger side is not sagging as bad yet. They won't admit it's a design flaw. They say they don't care what Audi is doing to replace both seats for customers in Britain. They claim that the replaced seats do not look different (though the kid admitted he hasn't seen the seats himself).

This car couldn't be driven the first month I had it because the fuel tank had to be replaced. Then the top got stuck up with a failure and could not be lowered. It's a lemon by law and I'm tempted to make them buy it back.

Any U.S. customers have both seats replaced? I need that to fight them.

Ken
Old 09-17-2010, 04:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've had mine for three years and my seats are like new, other than some side wear because I slide into the car because of it's narrow parking spot in the garage.

I gotta ask - How much do you weigh to have sagging seats in such a short time?
Old 09-17-2010, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cabern A
I've had mine for three years and my seats are like new, other than some side wear because I slide into the car because of it's narrow parking spot in the garage.
Same here. Slight rubbing wear on the left side bolster, but that's it.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Plan_Man
Same here. Slight rubbing wear on the left side bolster, but that's it.
I weigh 160 pounds with a narrow build.

Have you guys not seen the photos of the seat problem at tt forum? Audi has redesigned their seats to address this issue. It is not a non-issue or customer caused. I think the question is how many miles do you put on your car and which leather do you have.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 2009TTS
I weigh 160 pounds with a narrow build.

Have you guys not seen the photos of the seat problem at tt forum? Audi has redesigned their seats to address this issue. It is not a non-issue or customer caused. I think the question is how many miles do you put on your car and which leather do you have.
Silk Nappa in black/Magma for me. 15K miles a year. 6'-0" @ 183lbs.

Seems to me the poly foam and not really the leather would be a culprit in a sag. Interesting.
Old 09-17-2010, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

So I looked the shots on that website. You know, if I've been in the car for a while on a drive, when I get out, my seat looks a little like some of those pics. When I get back in the car later, whether after an errand or two, or overnight, it's taut and smooth again.

Interesting. Can't say I have any problem here.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

There have been other threads on this forum about the leather sagging. The cause is that the seat design does not allow it to give so it stretches. Thus the gaps in the new design. It does not sag and then get taught again.

I'm asking others who have had their seat covers fixed to speak up. I'm not asking to debate whether my seats are sagging.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I leased a 2009 tt coupe quattro from a dealership 100 miles form my home. By the time I drove the car home from the dealership there were signs of sagging. I expected this, but not so soon. Since it is a leased vehicle I do not plan to do anything about it. If I owned it I would bring it in under warranty. 5'9";140 lbs. Silk Nappa.

Last edited by papa d; 09-19-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by 2009TTS
I just heard back from Audi that they refuse to fix both of my sagging seats because the passenger side is not sagging as bad yet. They won't admit it's a design flaw. They say they don't care what Audi is doing to replace both seats for customers in Britain. They claim that the replaced seats do not look different (though the kid admitted he hasn't seen the seats himself).

This car couldn't be driven the first month I had it because the fuel tank had to be replaced. Then the top got stuck up with a failure and could not be lowered. It's a lemon by law and I'm tempted to make them buy it back.

Any U.S. customers have both seats replaced? I need that to fight them.

Ken
Good luck fighting, Audi is really cheap, my lowerdash was peeling and they were fighting me to fix it only at 4000 miles. Finally AUDI usa and new country agreed to fix it after 10 days. BMW, on the other hand fixed my trim 3x no quesitons asked, they replaced my clutch free, shocks free, bushings free...within 50k miles..everything was free and it wasnt because the dealer, it was many dealers in the tri state area. BMW service, I thought was bad, but better than Audi. WE all have to pay extra for service, how cheap can you get?

TTS is a nice car...but im going back to BMW when their designs a little better than what there is now...unfortunately.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by riuster
Good luck fighting, Audi is really cheap, my lowerdash was peeling and they were fighting me to fix it only at 4000 miles. Finally AUDI usa and new country agreed to fix it after 10 days. BMW, on the other hand fixed my trim 3x no quesitons asked, they replaced my clutch free, shocks free, bushings free...within 50k miles..everything was free and it wasnt because the dealer, it was many dealers in the tri state area. BMW service, I thought was bad, but better than Audi. WE all have to pay extra for service, how cheap can you get?

TTS is a nice car...but im going back to BMW when their designs a little better than what there is now...unfortunately.
I want everyone to know that glorified VW (I mean Audi) has now authorized replacement of both of my seat covers. I filed an arbitration complaint with BBB, provided 8x10 images of both seat covers, and made the following arguments:

1) both seat bottoms are failing as the photos show
2) Audi has replace both for other clients
3) the failures are from a design flaw as evidenced by the new design existing
4) the new seats don't look the same - the leather is more matt and less glossy, there are visible gaps in the new design that aren't there in the originals, and the new design is leather with suade while the original is just leather.

I also asked the sales manager to forward the photos I took to the regional service rep. rather than his tiny camera phone images that he had been sending. My images show the failure of both seats quite clearly.

I am so fed up with Audi. I had a nail in my tire this year, not in the sidewall just right in the middle, and was told that high performance tires can never be repaired. I think what offends me most is that they think we're stupid people. People who buy 50K cars and are highly educated but so stupid that they can give us any load of BS and we'll eat it. The owners in Britain stuck together and fought them. Here in the States we seldom even answer each others posts. Expect more BS in the future as a result.

Quick Reply: Audi Refusing to fix both sagging seats