TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Audi Refusing to fix both sagging seats

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Sag Saga

Originally Posted by 2009TTS
I just heard back from Audi that they refuse to fix both of my sagging seats because the passenger side is not sagging as bad yet. They won't admit it's a design flaw. They say they don't care what Audi is doing to replace both seats for customers in Britain. They claim that the replaced seats do not look different (though the kid admitted he hasn't seen the seats himself).

This car couldn't be driven the first month I had it because the fuel tank had to be replaced. Then the top got stuck up with a failure and could not be lowered. It's a lemon by law and I'm tempted to make them buy it back.

Any U.S. customers have both seats replaced? I need that to fight them.

Ken
Audi needs to a better job with admitting a problem, just as BMW has done with the fuel pump in the 335i. My 2008 TTR has black nappa leather, and when I began to notice very slight sag, I simply moved my wallet from my rear pocket to the side one - and the problem has not progressed. The car is now 2 1/2 years old and the sag is barely noticable, so I'm ok with it. But, I've seen multiple pics of folks with awful seat sag, all of which should be replaced under warrantee. It is clearly a design flaw and Audi should man up, and fix it. That's why many of us in the states are looking at BMW as replacements for our Audis when it's time for a new car purchase. Other than the issue with my convertible top (Audi completely replaced all motors and sensors - took 5 visits to get it right), my car has been wonderful, and the top has worked perfectly for well over a year. Good luck with getting the seat issue resolved!
Old 10-01-2010, 02:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

http://www.thecarconnection.com/mart...i-a4-vw-passat
Old 02-07-2011, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 2009TTS
I want everyone to know that glorified VW (I mean Audi) has now authorized replacement of both of my seat covers. I filed an arbitration complaint with BBB, provided 8x10 images of both seat covers, and made the following arguments:

1) both seat bottoms are failing as the photos show
2) Audi has replace both for other clients
3) the failures are from a design flaw as evidenced by the new design existing
4) the new seats don't look the same - the leather is more matt and less glossy, there are visible gaps in the new design that aren't there in the originals, and the new design is leather with suade while the original is just leather.

I also asked the sales manager to forward the photos I took to the regional service rep. rather than his tiny camera phone images that he had been sending. My images show the failure of both seats quite clearly.

I am so fed up with Audi. I had a nail in my tire this year, not in the sidewall just right in the middle, and was told that high performance tires can never be repaired. I think what offends me most is that they think we're stupid people. People who buy 50K cars and are highly educated but so stupid that they can give us any load of BS and we'll eat it. The owners in Britain stuck together and fought them. Here in the States we seldom even answer each others posts. Expect more BS in the future as a result.

If you don't mind, which state are you in and how old/miles is on the car?
I asked a couple years ago to get them replaced and the dealership said that they don't replace seats and to call AudiUSA. I called AudiUSA and they told me that it was not going to be replaced. I'm coming up to the 4 year mark on my warranty and if this can be done then I'm going to try to get it done. Mine looks pretty bad. I think I posted photos here a while back.

Thanks
Old 02-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PeaceOuTT
If you don't mind, which state are you in and how old/miles is on the car?
I asked a couple years ago to get them replaced and the dealership said that they don't replace seats and to call AudiUSA. I called AudiUSA and they told me that it was not going to be replaced. I'm coming up to the 4 year mark on my warranty and if this can be done then I'm going to try to get it done. Mine looks pretty bad. I think I posted photos here a while back.

Thanks
It doesn't matter what state you live in. Did you bring this to their attention within the first six months? If not they will try to deny you on that basis. Either way you'll need to file a complaint with BBB. You have to fight VW to meet their contractual obligations.

By the way, the fix made it better, but this is not a complete solution. Small signs of the problem are returning. I've never seen anything like this in all the cars I've owned. Audi should know how to design a seat by now.