TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Audi TT Interior LED Lighting Package

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Audi should have given the US the footwell lights in the LED package, for crying outloud. And no lighting at all for the rear seats is a bit of a joke!
On another note, no adaptive feature on our xenon headlights either - why does Audi give their biggest market substandard lighting?
Old 12-31-2010, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by x330i
Audi should have given the US the footwell lights in the LED package, for crying outloud. And no lighting at all for the rear seats is a bit of a joke!
On another note, no adaptive feature on our xenon headlights either - why does Audi give their biggest market substandard lighting?
I don't have the interior lighting package but I do have the adaptive! My car is 08 ..are you talking about newer vehicles?
Old 01-02-2011, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by x330i
Agreed on the footwell lights. No lighting oioptions on the 2010 TTS (north of 49th) but adaptive lights are included
Old 02-12-2018, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

totally agree, I have a 2010 and the lighting is aweful. I want to upgrade to LED but I dont see any floor lighting, maybe this is something I could add?
Old 02-21-2018, 08:47 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by papaojam
totally agree, I have a 2010 and the lighting is aweful. I want to upgrade to LED but I dont see any floor lighting, maybe this is something I could add?
Here is a Forum Link to add a 3D printed switch box install footwells. https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-...ement-2921132/

I personally just had the same switch holder made this weekend for a single switch and ordered the switch per the forum. Then I ordered RGB 2 piece footwell LED light package from DeAutoKey: Complete Footwell Housing & Wiring Choose from a 4pc or 2pc kit fits: All VW/Audi models | deAutoKey

I live in Edmonton, AB, Canada, my 2011 TTS Convertible came with factory LED puddle lights, door handles and LED map lights. BUT it did not have factory footwells and trunk light was not led. I worked with DeAutoKey to order additional LED lights to make puddle brighter, replace trunk with new LED and also the footwells above. Also I ordered and installed reverse lights, LED red signals & white license plate lights. Only lights I did NOT change to LED were front fog and rear brake/tail lights. I like the factory fog for my use and DeAutoKey couldn't confirm if their tail/brake lights would through an error with my computer, so I didn't want to take a chance.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

In my 2013 TTS Roadster, I had only two very dim dome lights. And with a black interior, there are no wayward photons bouncing around.

I added this footwell light kit as well: Complete Footwell Housing & Wiring Choose from a 4pc or 2pc kit fits: All VW/Audi models deAutoKey which contains the standard light housings, original and LED bulbs, and a pre-built wiring kit. It was truly plug and play as a kit. When it's dark, I'm much happier with the amount of light in the cab as I enter the car. You can also have the footwell lights on during normal night time operation, at for instance 30%. But I turned mine off, as I don't need to see my dirty feet when I'm driving.

A VAG-COM bit change is needed to enable footwell lights on pin 50 of the "B" connector. I used my OBDEleven for that, which was easy. You end up with a menu item that controls the night time always on percentage. The default is 30% and I turned mine to 0%.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by DissenTTS
In my 2013 TTS Roadster, I had only two very dim dome lights. And with a black interior, there are no wayward photons bouncing around.

I added this footwell light kit as well: Complete Footwell Housing & Wiring Choose from a 4pc or 2pc kit fits: All VW/Audi models deAutoKey which contains the standard light housings, original and LED bulbs, and a pre-built wiring kit. It was truly plug and play as a kit. When it's dark, I'm much happier with the amount of light in the cab as I enter the car. You can also have the footwell lights on during normal night time operation, at for instance 30%. But I turned mine off, as I don't need to see my dirty feet when I'm driving.

A VAG-COM bit change is needed to enable footwell lights on pin 50 of the "B" connector. I used my OBDEleven for that, which was easy. You end up with a menu item that controls the night time always on percentage. The default is 30% and I turned mine to 0%.
Can't you just use the remote to dim the lights and not have to worry about changing any VAG-COM alterations? I have a guy doing my wiring as he is a genius. He will also being installing a dedicated switch in the 3D printed box I got done per this forum post https://www.audiworld.com/forums/tt-...ement-2921132/
Old 02-23-2018, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

The VAG-COM bit was to turn on the footwell lights because the car came without them. I dimmed the footwell lights via the menu.

My footwell behavior now is to have full light whenever the dome light is normally lit, like when unlocking the car and opening the door. During normal operation the footwell lights are turned off because they are dimmed to 0% via the menu.

Using the remote would be news to me. They now work the way I want them. Time to forget about them and move on to more engine mods.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:59 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by DissenTTS

Thanks - we appreciate the support.
i: http://instagram.com/deAutoLED