TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Audi TTS MK2 2009 faulty inside rear orange indicators

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2024, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi TTS MK2 2009 faulty inside rear orange indicators

Hi..
I have a 2009 TTS Roadster and I have a strange problem with my rear indicators, the outside orange rear indicators function perfectlty when you indicate or use the hazard warning but the two inner most lamps do not illuminate or flash apart from the nearside (passenger in the UK) which seems to come on with the Interior light when you unlock the car or open either door.
I have no problem with any other bulbs and the back lights have had the non OEM ground plane modification including the ground plane jumper between the upper and lower ground plane.
I have checked for fault codes with both VCDS and OBDEleven and have no faults showing. I am wondering if the could be down to the previous owner altering the adaptation or coding of the vehicle or if it could be a failing Body Control Module.

Just wondered if anyone had had a similar experience
Old 06-14-2024, 01:14 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solved

Originally Posted by graingerv
Hi..
I have a 2009 TTS Roadster and I have a strange problem with my rear indicators, the outside orange rear indicators function perfectlty when you indicate or use the hazard warning but the two inner most lamps do not illuminate or flash apart from the nearside (passenger in the UK) which seems to come on with the Interior light when you unlock the car or open either door.
I have no problem with any other bulbs and the back lights have had the non OEM ground plane modification including the ground plane jumper between the upper and lower ground plane.
I have checked for fault codes with both VCDS and OBDEleven and have no faults showing. I am wondering if the could be down to the previous owner altering the adaptation or coding of the vehicle or if it could be a failing Body Control Module.

Just wondered if anyone had had a similar experience
Solved:

The previous owner had coded in footwell lights but not fitted them so whenever the footwear lights were supposed to come on the rear inner nearside turn signal bulb iluminated