TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Back up camera?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back up camera?

Does 2010 TT/TTS come with backup cameras? Just wondering. Oh and the folding mirrors?
Old 04-17-2010, 08:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here in the U.S., backup camera, no, folding mirrors, I believe so but haven't tried folding them yet.

Funnily, I think the 2009s in Prestige trim may have come with parking assist (beeping & sensors), but the 2010s do not AFAIK. (Mine didn't.)
Old 04-18-2010, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JimInSF
Here in the U.S., backup camera, no, folding mirrors, I believe so but haven't tried folding them yet.

Funnily, I think the 2009s in Prestige trim may have come with parking assist (beeping & sensors), but the 2010s do not AFAIK. (Mine didn't.)
I have parking assist. More annoying than useful really, not unlike TPMS!
Old 04-23-2010, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Plan_Man
I have parking assist. More annoying than useful really, not unlike TPMS!
Agreed. I had it in my old car and it makes one dependent on it and sometimes I look less than I should. I prefer not beeping like a semi when reversing.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tranquility
Agreed. I had it in my old car and it makes one dependent on it and sometimes I look less than I should. I prefer not beeping like a semi when reversing.
Yup, the beeping drives me a little nuts. If you back out of in inclined driveway, as I do, then it "warns" that the street is behind you. Dear system, thanks ever so for the input.

My wife's Q5 has the camera and parking assist (combined). Pulling out of the garage forces the most gawdawful cacophony of beeps, especially if my daughter's car in in the driveway on the side! I never really look at the screen when I'm backing the Q out anyway.

Really, sometimes I think lux mfrs really reach when it comes to content. Enough affluent people out there must really love tech gizmachi to make it worthwhile to sell though. I have plenty of content on the TTS that I didn't really want, certainly don't need and never really use, but to get other things, I had to take. I never use cruise control, automatic climate control, the CD player, heated seats and others, but they're part and parcel of the car to get to the engine, tranny, suspension, wheels, and interior appointments I wanted!

Ahhh, the modern world...
Old 04-23-2010, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Plan_Man
Yup, the beeping drives me a little nuts. If you back out of in inclined driveway, as I do, then it "warns" that the street is behind you. Dear system, thanks ever so for the input.

My wife's Q5 has the camera and parking assist (combined). Pulling out of the garage forces the most gawdawful cacophony of beeps, especially if my daughter's car in in the driveway on the side! I never really look at the screen when I'm backing the Q out anyway.

Really, sometimes I think lux mfrs really reach when it comes to content. Enough affluent people out there must really love tech gizmachi to make it worthwhile to sell though. I have plenty of content on the TTS that I didn't really want, certainly don't need and never really use, but to get other things, I had to take. I never use cruise control, automatic climate control, the CD player, heated seats and others, but they're part and parcel of the car to get to the engine, tranny, suspension, wheels, and interior appointments I wanted!

Ahhh, the modern world...
Hey, you're from sunny CA so of course no need for heated seats. Speak for yourself though!

Auto climate control is good since I don't have to fumble around adjusting the fan/temp every now and then. Agree w/ you on the other stuff though.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

I installed one and it was pretty easy.

can you see it ??
Old 04-23-2010, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tranquility
Hey, you're from sunny CA so of course no need for heated seats. Speak for yourself though!
Well, yeah you can blame on the weather - I prefer to think my butt's plenty hot enough already.

Auto climate control is good since I don't have to fumble around adjusting the fan/temp every now and then. Agree w/ you on the other stuff though.
I'm just not a set it and forget it guy. I find I'm messing with it anyway, so I don't get any real benefit there, but I get it for others.

Then there are the things I don't need, could do without, but have come to like over the years. Rain sensing wipers have proven more convenient than I had thought they would, even though I sometimes forget they're on in the AM. I start the car, back out and realize there's some schmutz on the windshield, so I grab the Invisible Glass, spray and start wiping. Then the wiper just 'bout take off my fingers! Auto-dimming mirrors are another I used to scoff at, but I have found them very useful.

Personally, though I do like the cost benefit of bundling options, I really would prefer to pick and choose at times. I figure there are quite a few things I could very comfortably delete and save not only energy and some weight, but eventual frustration too, in repairs.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by aleicgrant
I installed one and it was pretty easy.

can you see it ??
Yup, but it's pretty stealthy! I hope that can't get you in trouble with any over-zealous troopers!
Old 09-14-2023, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aleicgrant: I know this is an old post, but I just got a 2013 TT RS with the same parking sensors as your TTS but no back-up camera. I have really gotten used to those in the last few years. If you get this, how did you handle it on your 2009? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Back up camera?