TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Bluetooth and storage on my '08

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth and storage on my '08

Well today's a rainy day, so I have finally made it through the owners manual on my new used puppy. Some good things, like there's a compressor in the back.....here's a couple things I'm missing, maybe one of you can help me:

1. It says in the manual that some front seats have storage bins underneath like on my B6 A4.....mine doesn't. Is this something I can buy? The storage in the glove compartment is pretty poor.

2. I can't figure out the bluetooth. The instructions seem to indicate that to setup the bluetooth, I first have to connect my phone to the cell phone package in the middle console? This makes no sense. Also, it seems to indicate that my phone has to find the car, but on our Volvo the car finds the phone. Anyhow, can someone tell me how to do this?

thanks ahead,
JF
Old 05-08-2010, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

1.yes can buy storage bins for under the seats .....not sure what they are like although I have seen them pictured on one of the sites and they were said to be very shallow and not much can fit other than papers and glasses. Everything you want will be here
http://oemplus.com/index.php?main_pa...Path=60_70_125

2. Depending on what phone you have .....I have an Iphone and when I go to settings on the phone and then click bluetooth there is a window that will tell you to search for other bluetooth when you search it will find your car(ignition on) and once you click on your car in the window of your iphone it gives you a place to enter a code and that code once linked with your car will be shown and you need to enter it to the phone...once entered it will always recognize it .......I have the set up for the phone charger and cradle(never purchased the cradle for my phone tho) and I'm not sure if that bypasses the whole procedure. I think that may link it directly again can't say for sure and don't be surprised if I missed a few steps with what I stated..was 2 years ago when I set mine up so not really clear on how.....all I know is you have to go into your phones settings to enable it to recognize that your car wants to pair with it. Good luck!
Old 05-08-2010, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Silly question: what's the bluetooth ftn in the TT do exactly?
Old 05-09-2010, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

good question, my assumption is that I'll be able to dial from my cell phone, and when I do the speaker system in the car will cut off from music and then convert to phone speaker. There should be a microphone somewhere in the front for voice activation also.

I have a button on my stearing wheel right now for bluetooth. When I press it, it cuts off the music and I get a woman's voice (not my wife) giving me options for phone related stuff, none of which says hit some random button to connect my phone.

So, need to play with this some more, maybe I'm not doing something right but if you look in your owners manual, it's not very clearly explained. I can tell you on the Volvo its a piece of cake, very well explained....but of course not as much fun to drive!
Old 05-09-2010, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by i3adSaab
When I press it, it cuts off the music and I get a woman's voice (not my wife) giving me options for phone related stuff
Hehe, that's funny.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by i3adSaab
Well today's a rainy day, so I have finally made it through the owners manual on my new used puppy. Some good things, like there's a compressor in the back.....here's a couple things I'm missing, maybe one of you can help me:

1. It says in the manual that some front seats have storage bins underneath like on my B6 A4.....mine doesn't. Is this something I can buy? The storage in the glove compartment is pretty poor.

2. I can't figure out the bluetooth. The instructions seem to indicate that to setup the bluetooth, I first have to connect my phone to the cell phone package in the middle console? This makes no sense. Also, it seems to indicate that my phone has to find the car, but on our Volvo the car finds the phone. Anyhow, can someone tell me how to do this?

thanks ahead,
JF
1. Under seat storage bins were included with the optional storage package. I have them on my TTS but they are extremely small and won't fit much more than a small wallet or pair of sunglasses. It's a pretty expensive place to store a couple of really small items. From my dealer, I was quoted over CAD $300 for a set of left and right bins for the 08 3.2 that I used to own. Not having them actually gave me a place under the seat to keep the giant owners manual.

2. The instructions you are reading about the phone package in the centre console were intended for countries other than North America where a direct phone/car connection was still used. Your car will only connect to a cell phone wirelessly via Bluetooth.

As indicated above, you can buy the cradles that fit on to the phone adapter plate. Unfortunately they are specific to each model of phone and the models are very limited. I had the iPhone cradle in my 08 3.2 and all it did was charge the phone. It does not connect the phone to the car in any way for phone use.

Keep in mind that there is nothing you need to do with your car to activate the Bluetooth. To connect or pair a phone with the car the ignition must be on and the pairing process must be done within 5 minutes of starting the car. After 5 minutes the Audi handsfree Bluetooth device is no longer "discoverable." You will have to shut off the car, restart the car and start over.

All you have to do with your phone is put it into Bluetooth "discovery" mode. That should be outlined with your phone, not your car. When you phone does discover the Bluetooth handsfree device it will be labelled something like "UHV 8321". To complete the pairing process you will have to enter a four digit code of "1234". Once the phone is connected you will hear a chime coming through the stereo speakers.

With reference to your Volvo, my Q5 also "finds the phone." Newer model second and third generation MMI equipped Audis all have this feature.

Finally, if you aren't planning to buy the iPhone cradle, but you want to make better use of the space where the phone adapter plate sits in the centre console, there is a delete. The two parts you need were less than $25 combined and are outlined here: https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...center+console
Old 05-09-2010, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

thanks so much! I'll try the phone again in the morning...I like the cover solution, I'll call up my Audi dealer and see if they can still get those parts....
Old 05-16-2010, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well...I'm just about to give up on this phone pairing. I've just got a Motorola Krzr, we're not talking brain surgery here. I start the engine, then activate the mode where the phone tries to discover other blue tooth devices, nothing comes up from the car. I also tried putting the phone in the mode where it can be discovered by others, that doesn't work also.

Is there some way the bluetooth signal can be turned off in the car? I looked for this in the menu system but found nothing. I've got this phone paired with the volvo no problem, piece of cake. For some reason, its not intuitively obvious in the TT. Next step maybe stop by the dealer like a dork and ask them for help, because I'm being technically challenged....and cripes, I've got an engineering degree!
Old 05-16-2010, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

And you're positive the car has Bluetooth? You should try pairing a different phone with the car.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yep, positive....I checked the vin at my local audi dealership, they confirmed it was listed on their computers against that vin....

guess I'll head over there this afternoon to check it out.....

Quick Reply: Bluetooth and storage on my '08