TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Does the TT-RS use runflat tires?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 06:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does the TT-RS use runflat tires?

Last weekend I checked out the tools below the trunk area and read the manual about noticed the car doesn't have a spare. I didn't see a "Tire Mobility System" as described in the manual so this had me confused. My service advisor says my car has run flat tires but I see nothing on the tires that verify this. The tires are the standard issue Toyo sport tires. When I checked these tires on the Tire-Rack website they say nothing about being run flats either, making me suspicious of the service advisor's statement. Thanks for the help.

Mike
Old 05-08-2013, 05:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mhughett
Last weekend I checked out the tools below the trunk area and read the manual about noticed the car doesn't have a spare. I didn't see a "Tire Mobility System" as described in the manual so this had me confused. My service advisor says my car has run flat tires but I see nothing on the tires that verify this. The tires are the standard issue Toyo sport tires. When I checked these tires on the Tire-Rack website they say nothing about being run flats either, making me suspicious of the service advisor's statement. Thanks for the help.

Mike
Same here but with my TTS.
When the car was delivred, it was on Pirelli P Zero Rosso.
A month ago, I called a local tires dealer for new tires. I was really satisfied with my Pirelli, so I asked for the same... The guy said that Rosso are NOT a runflat tire. TireRack confirmed.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Banned

Do you have the air compressor and tire goo/sealant? It would be under the rear carpet cover area. It is listed as option 1G8 "breakdown set with compressor" in our system is how it's listed.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

No, the TTRS does not have run flat tires and does not have a spare. Just the sealant and can of air as described above. TTRS has a tire pressure monitor system that simply uses ABS sensors to compare how individual tires behave to determine if tire pressure has decreased in one or more tires. It does not know exactly how much pressure is in each tire.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default TPMS

More info and video here for TPMS: http://www.audi-technology-portal.co...itoring_system
Old 05-13-2013, 07:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by eggeegg
I've since found the compressor and goo below the trunk area. My car has the rubber mat in the trunk and I didn't see them before because I hadn't removed this mat and it was difficult to see in the very back part of the trunk area without removing it. Frustrating that the dealer/service advisor was clueless and steered me wrong. Makes me wonder how much they really know about these cars.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:49 AM
RFS
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mhughett

Mike
My wife's 2013 TT Roadster came with Dunlop SP Sport, 245/40/R18, All Season, Run Flat tires. All clearly marked on the tire wall.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RFS
My wife's 2013 TT Roadster came with Dunlop SP Sport, 245/40/R18, All Season, Run Flat tires. All clearly marked on the tire wall.
We're talking about the 255/35/19 tires from the TT-RS here, which do not come with run flat tires.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

No. The tire mobility system is designed to provide a short term fix for you to get to a service station for a proper repair. The TTRS DOES NOT use run flats. Jeez, what do they teach these dealer folks?