TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

How to Disable "Chirp" on Lock

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to Disable "Chirp" on Lock

Hive Mind:

I want to disable the "chirp" or "beep" my US Spec 3.2 2008 TT makes when I lock the doors with the remote. The car flashes the lights which is plenty of notice that I have locked the car. I am pretty sure I cannot do this myself and it must be done at the dealership with a VAG hooked up to the car. What menu or area of the car setup do I need to tell them to access to disable the beep.

Note: The was just serviced (LOF) and I did request this to be done but they told me it was not possible to disable the beep. Surely there is way but the tech was just willing to figure it out.

Oddly enough, there was a similar thread last year on tt.co.uk where the guy wanted to turn the beep "on" on his car. In Germany it is illegal to have your car make a noise when you lock it. I agree with the Germans on this. Who wants to hear horns or beeps etc in the middle of the night when some guy locks his car.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

I actually like this feature.
Thinking of which, there might be a option to turn it off in the DIS. I know I turned off the beep when unlocking the car as I'm walking to it anyways and didn't want everyone to know I'm getting in my car, just in case I'm in an area that isn't so good.

I also wanted to be able to open and close the windows with the keyfob but from what I know, it's not possible.

My Ford doesn't beep on lock unless I press twice on the keyfob. I've been looking for a way for it to beep on the first press with no luck but that's for the Ford forum.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Best option is to use a Vagcom. While there you can enable window functions and other cool tricks.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just checked on my drive home and it's in the DIS under the "Door" menu.
You can turn on/off the blinker and/or the beep on lock and unlock.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

PeaceOuTT: Thank You!!! You are right. It was there in the DIS. I never bothered looking because I had read on another forum that only a VAGCOM could do it.

I had the chirp turned off in under 60 seconds.

Thank you again.

I wish I asked this question about 3 years ago :-(.