TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

HTC HERO PHONE paring with 2009 TT ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 12:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HTC HERO PHONE paring with 2009 TT ?

Hello...
I have a 2009 couple 3.2 prestige.
Currently have a Motorola Razor [SPRINT] paired with Bluetooth and it works perfectly.

Considering HTC HERO [SPRINT] and wonder if anyone has paired it with the 2009 TT Bluetooth and if so, are all functions working ?

thanks
Mike
Old 05-19-2010, 03:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default pairing any android phone, esp HTC

Originally Posted by Mike
Hello...
I have a 2009 couple 3.2 prestige.
Currently have a Motorola Razor [SPRINT] paired with Bluetooth and it works perfectly.

Considering HTC HERO [SPRINT] and wonder if anyone has paired it with the 2009 TT Bluetooth and if so, are all functions working ?

thanks
Mike
OK..if no one has the HERO how about comments on any HTC android phone or any android pairing....any problems?
mike
Old 05-19-2010, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK..if no one has the HERO how about comments on any HTC android phone or any android pairing....any problems?
mike
LOL! Well, I have a very basic Nokia with no purchased apps, so I'm not much good to you. The car is my tech, my phone not so much!
Old 05-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

mike
Mike, You need to go with an iPhone, dude. No issues whatsoever. (unless u don't like iPhones.... )
Old 05-21-2010, 10:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I think we should not criticize any one, just try to improve our performance and thanks for such fabulous website. Good job regarding the design of this website. I have visited many websites and learnt a lot about the cisco exams, but this website is fabulous. I hope, I will be able to read about the these type of issues which are arises my mother and children related terms on this website soon.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had no problem getting my motorola android to pair today
Old 05-22-2010, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

I think he has Sprint - which means he does not have the option of a iPhone.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

No word on this phone. Most pairing issues I have seen posted are people who have Verizon and I think that was due to the way they turn off features like contact data on the phones (may not be true anymore).

I'd go to a Sprint store and see if a demo unit they have will pair with your car. I know the ATT stores will bring a unit out to do this.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default HTC HERO PAIRED --[kind of]-- on 2009 TT [prestige]

I did purchase the HTC hero [sprint] yesterday.
It does show that it is paired...but
-delays connecting
-sometimes locks when trying to scroll contacts
-the sort for the contact sequence is strange, and only semi usable...I have not figured out what it is selecting to drive the sorting process. Where the list was clean and logical with my old motorola razor this is semi-useless at this point
-when attempting to voice dial via audi bluetooth I sometimes get a message that it is unsuccessful, then 20 seconds later it dials on its own
-when it does decide to connect the sound quality is fine, same as the old razor

At this point I am considering returning the phone....unless this gets better the safety/convenience of handsfree bluetooth is compromised.
I will play with it a bit more before deciding, but this pairing is unsatisfactory at this point. [admittedly it could be that I simply need to learn the phone and do something different, if you have suggestions please advise]
Mike
Old 06-14-2010, 09:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think you're going to have problems with all newer phones. I have Blackberry Bold and it does connect through Bluetooth and I can see my contacts but can't call them or answer the phone through the steering wheel.

Short of disabling the Bluetooth and trying to add the Kufatec system, I don't think there is much that can be donw, but I can always be wrong. It just seems like the newer phones are never going to be fully supported without a firmware update from Audi, for their Bluetooth system.