TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Just did a STASIS reflash on my TTS...results here:

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

How did they do the FLASH? Did they send off the ECU or just flash it right there? My dealer told me they would have to have the car 4-5 days. I'm not keen on leaving my car in their open back lot sitting there.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GaBoYnFla
How did they do the FLASH? Did they send off the ECU or just flash it right there? My dealer told me they would have to have the car 4-5 days. I'm not keen on leaving my car in their open back lot sitting there.
My APR flash was done on site. Took a little less than an hour.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I think it depends on the model year. My TTS is a 2009, they did the reflash at the dealer, it took about 90 min. Later MY need to have the ECU shipped in for reflash, I think.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jza80
I think it depends on the model year. My TTS is a 2009, they did the reflash at the dealer, it took about 90 min. Later MY need to have the ECU shipped in for reflash, I think.
That's what I was told....I'd rather take the ECU out myself and ship to them keeping my car in my garage....I'll have to ask about that.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well I ran some 60-80 sprints today, but the result was not quite what I expected. The first run was a 3.20, and the best was 3.11 which is slightly quicker but that does not tell the whole story. For some reason, I was experiencing misfire/hesitation from about 5,300-6,500RPM. It usually manifested itself as 2 or 3 hesitation events in the run. For sure this messed up my times. It repeated almost every time. The strange thing is, if I do a standing or rolling sprint, there is no problem, including full throttle runs up a grade. But for some reason, doing the 60-80 timed runs, (starting at 50-52 or so), I get the hesitation. I put new NGK platinum plugs in before the tune, as the original Bosch plugs had 38.5k. I wonder if I need to use OEM Bosch plugs? Maybe the build up on my intake valves is causing this problem at specific ranges? Anyway, I'll have to do some investigation...
Old 06-05-2011, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's what I was told....I'd rather take the ECU out myself and ship to them keeping my car in my garage....I'll have to ask about that.
Wrong info ... When I was looking into flashes, all companies except for MTM said the ECU needed to be removed. In the US, you can rent the MTM flash tool but in Canada, the dealer is nearby and he came to me, plugged in and was done in under 30 minutes. It seems that APR "local" dealers have no clue but when speaking directly with APR, they confirmed that they too do not need to remove the ECU.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

APR doesn't need the ECU removed to do the reflash. If the APR dealer you are talking to says different, run away. Not walk, run.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kendoist4162
APR doesn't need the ECU removed to do the reflash. If the APR dealer you are talking to says different, run away. Not walk, run.
I'm talking about STASIS-Audi partner in tuning....to preserve warranty.

Speaking of APR, I vaguely remember years back that you could get a stealth mode version that the dealer couldn't tell was there....does that still exist?
Old 06-13-2011, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm talking about STASIS-Audi partner in tuning....to preserve warranty.

Speaking of APR, I vaguely remember years back that you could get a stealth mode version that the dealer couldn't tell was there....does that still exist?
Wait a sec - are you saying Audi has agreed somewhere that a reflash, from someone, anyone, will not void your warranty? Links or it didn't happen.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by JimInSF
Wait a sec - are you saying Audi has agreed somewhere that a reflash, from someone, anyone, will not void your warranty? Links or it didn't happen.
Fairly certain that Stasis covers issues relating to their mods AFTER Audi declines warranty.

Quick Reply: Just did a STASIS reflash on my TTS...results here: