TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

New TTRS 2013

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 03:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New TTRS 2013

Hi Guys,

Just want to say hi. I ordered a black TT RS, titanium exhaust, black / alcantara, tech, and heated seats. Audi told me 2 weeks later that my order was cancelled, so I had to settle w/ what's coming to the dealership.

So, my car is now a black, red/black exclusive interior, black/red exclusive wheels, tech, carbon fiber side mirrors, heated seats.

Not exactly what I want ... so we'll see it when it gets here. If the black/red interior is horrid, probably will give up the car (at which time I'll share the dealer location if anyone's interested) and get a Cayman S instead.

Kevin.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Kevin034
Hi Guys,
Just want to say hi. I ordered a black TT RS, titanium exhaust, black / alcantara, tech, and heated seats. Audi told me 2 weeks later that my order was cancelled, so I had to settle w/ what's coming to the dealership....
Why was it cancelled? Just curious...(was it because each dealer has a limited allotment of RS cars?)

Can't go wrong the TT RS or Cayman S! I picked the TT RS b/c I needed the back seat on rare occasions for my youngest and AWD for 4-season daily driving. But if I didn't have those requirements - it would've been a tough choice between those two.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

It was cancelled by Audi DE due to reduction in overall allotment. That's what I was told.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

In my opinion the black and red wheels are ugly. Maybe they look better with the black body. But I'm sure you'll completely forget about looks once you start driving it. Quite exhilarating. At least test drive both cars.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 253 Likes on 215 Posts
Default I've seen that exact color combo at a dealer in Hollywood and it is awesome

I don't like black yet I was still impressed by how good it looked. The red stiching on the interior and the red accents on the rims really complemented each other.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default TT production has been very low this year

I't told by Audi reps that half the production line was down most of the year to re-tool for the new A3. You could not even order a new TT from August to November, much less find one on a lot. I saw more RS models for sale than any other TT between July and December when I was looking.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default To each his own. I really like the red trim wheels.

I was looking for a used RS exactly the car you pictured but could not close a deal. As mentioned above, the wheels look great with a black car with the red stitched interior. The only issue is you need to keep the rims clean as the red is quickly obscured by dust.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Vegas-roadster
I was looking for a used RS exactly the car you pictured but could not close a deal. As mentioned above, the wheels look great with a black car with the red stitched interior. The only issue is you need to keep the rims clean as the red is quickly obscured by dust.
Well ... it may not be a bad thing if the red becomes a more darker red because of the dust. I am just kidding, who knows ... the car is on a truck now, should be here Sunday/Monday.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

It's here. Saturday pick-up.
Attached Images    
Old 03-14-2013, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I really like the red stitched interior -- looks fantastic.
Mine has the all-black leather interior...zzzzzzzzz

Quick Reply: New TTRS 2013