TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

New user looking to purchase TT soon.

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New user looking to purchase TT soon.

Hello, new here to the TT and starting to do my research on them while convincing the wife to let me trade for one. I've tried to do some searches to see what everyone thinks of options like the NAV and Magnetic Ride Suspension to see if they are worth it. I origionaly thought that I wanted the MRS but after some searches it looks like maybe I can do without it. The NAV sounds pretty good especailly if I can load MP3's on the SD cards.

The S-Line seems like somthing I'd want but I'm not too keen on the basic black interior.

For paint colors I really like the ocean blue, white and Sahara Silver. Does anyone have pics of the blue with red interior? How would that look?

Oh well enough rambling.... eventually I'll get it all figured out and thanks in advance for putting up with all my newbie TT questions I'll be asking.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: New user looking to purchase TT soon.

I got pretty much everything. (not my choice).
The magnetic ride: On sport, its pretty rough, so I keep it on normal. I am not sure what the suspension would be like without it. If I were ordering, I would pass.
On Nav: definitely worth it. I was disappointed with the ipod connection, since songs are not displayed. Since the Nav is CD based, if you remove the Nav CD, Nav is disabled. I am now using SD cards with MP3. Much better than CD's or IPOD. Have fit 8 CD's on one half a 1GB SD card. Get the Bluetooth phone set up as well. Works through the Nav. Got run flats..but wouldnt again, because if you do get a flat, it will take time for you to get a replacement, so what do you do in the meantime? Good luck!
Old 09-25-2007, 11:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Blue with red interior? eek
Old 09-26-2007, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Mag ride and navi

Got both on mine.
The mag ride gives you a soft and hard at a touch of a button. Without mag ride...the sports suspension would put you in the middle (have test driven both). Having been on tein coilovers on my Honda, I enjoy the harsh ride but since my wife doesn't, the mag ride was a plus on both ends.

The navi really completes the interior. Without it, it looks very bland and less like a 40k car (interior wise). I went for navi with CD changer. The ipod interface is horrible and not worth the trouble.

They are both expensive...but you get what you pay for.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:36 PM

Dont forget nice rims. 18" at least!