TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

opinions from TT or TTS owners with Stasis tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 08:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions from TT or TTS owners with Stasis tune

Does anyone have a TT or TTS and the Stasis tune? I am looking at buying my wife and myself either a 2012 TT or a used TTS. The base TT and TTS have nice power, but I am wondering how they will each perform with the Stasis tune. What 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile times could I expect? I would buy a TT RS but I really don't want to spend that much.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Bluestang50 -

I have a 2010 TTS with an APR tune(similar?) and the electronically measured 0-60 best is 4.24sec in a 11.67 sec 1/4 mile run. This compares to 4.9 0-60 measured before the tune. The APR tune takes the TTS from 260HP to 322HP but do not know about the Stasis.

TTSMike
Old 07-21-2011, 12:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TTSMike
Bluestang50 -

I have a 2010 TTS with an APR tune(similar?) and the electronically measured 0-60 best is 4.24sec in a 11.67 sec 1/4 mile run. This compares to 4.9 0-60 measured before the tune. The APR tune takes the TTS from 260HP to 322HP but do not know about the Stasis.

TTSMike
How many miles do you have on the car with the tune? Have you had any issues since loading the tune?
Old 07-21-2011, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Doesn't Stasis use APR's tune? Anyhow I have the APR stage one but have not timed my car so I have no idea of what it did stock or with the mod. But it sure adds some extra kick.

I waited until my car hit 1000 miles then had the oil changeds and the ECU reflashed. I've now had four Audis, three of which have been reflashed. Probably the most impressive transformation was my '09 A4 Avant with the EA888 engine which is now shared with the TT. While the horsepower only went up to around 237, the torque really made big gains that started pretty low in the rpm band.

I just want to add a comment in that I've not had any issues with any of the reflashes but you have to be prepared to pay to play.

Last edited by SoSuMi; 07-21-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:56 PM
ssx
AudiWorld Newcomer

My 09 TT Quattro is reflashed with Stasis. Since this is a 09 model, the base engine was rated at 200 hp /207tq from the factory. According to Stasis, I should now be around 240hp/262tq. For comparison the upgraded stock engine in the new 2011 TT is rated at 211hp/258tq and Audi quotes a 0-60 of 5.3 sec. Given that I have more HP and slightly more TQ than then 2011 TT, I would estimate my 0-60 times are around 5.0-5.1 sec – although I’ve never measured.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Are there any mechanical differences in the TTS transmission vs what is in the TT. I am just wondering how it holds up when you tune the ecu or do turbo upgrades. My goal would be to end up at around 320hp at the flywheel. It seems that is easily achievable with simply a tune on the TTS. The TT would probably take a turbo upgrade and a tune (among other supporting parts). Are the TTS' drivetrain components a more durable starting point?

Are there any other large differences between the TT and TTS other the magnetic ride that yall feel make the price difference worth it?

Sorry for all of the questions. I am trying to decide between purchasing a 2011 TT S-line at my local dealer or waiting until around December and ordering a 2012 TTS.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bluestang50
Are there any mechanical differences in the TTS transmission vs what is in the TT. I am just wondering how it holds up when you tune the ecu or do turbo upgrades. My goal would be to end up at around 320hp at the flywheel. It seems that is easily achievable with simply a tune on the TTS. The TT would probably take a turbo upgrade and a tune (among other supporting parts). Are the TTS' drivetrain components a more durable starting point?

Are there any other large differences between the TT and TTS other the magnetic ride that yall feel make the price difference worth it?

Sorry for all of the questions. I am trying to decide between purchasing a 2011 TT S-line at my local dealer or waiting until around December and ordering a 2012 TTS.

Not sure about mechanical differences between the two transmissions, though they're likely similar considering the peak torque output is now equal. Speed wise, the S does feel a bit quicker, however, it does have more turbo lag (most noticeable in 3rd-6th gears).

The S sounds more sporty. From what I understand, it has a valve controlled system that opens under throttle/load. When I test drove the S, it sounded noticeably more aggressive. The TT has some sound to it, but it's softer note. Also, you can hear the S's turbo more clearly when accelerating (with the TT, you really need to have the windows down to hear the turbo). IMO, the S and S-Line handle similarly.

I ended up getting an '11 TT S-Line (Prestige) instead of the S. Mine doesn't have mag-ride which I would have liked. Otherwise, the difference between the two cars wasn't enough for me to go for the extra money (the S's the salesman located were all $4K-$5K more). Plus, the dealer had my car in stock and it was the color I wanted - Dakota Gray.

Good luck.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by rj45
...The S sounds more sporty. From what I understand, it has a valve controlled system that opens under throttle/load. When I test drove the S, it sounded noticeably more aggressive. The TT has some sound to it, but it's softer note. Also, you can hear the S's turbo more clearly when accelerating (with the TT, you really need to have the windows down to hear the turbo). IMO, the S and S-Line handle similarly.

I ended up getting an '11 TT S-Line (Prestige) instead of the S. Mine doesn't have mag-ride which I would have liked. Otherwise, the difference between the two cars wasn't enough for me to go for the extra money (the S's the salesman located were all $4K-$5K more). Plus, the dealer had my car in stock and it was the color I wanted - Dakota Gray.

Good luck.
There was a sound resonator that was activated when you switched into the sport mode. However I believe that it was dropped with the 2011 TTS, hence the engine note is rather subdued. Personally I don't think the mag ride is a big deal. The difference in steering, ride, and throttle response is subtle plus you don't have to worry about those trick bits going south on you.

Wish I could have gotten my S in Dakota Gray

With the new base engine the additional expense of the TTS is much tougher to justify.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SoSuMi
With the new base engine the additional expense of the TTS is much tougher to justify.
That is basically my current thinking, but I would like to eventually hit that 300+ hp mark. It would also be nice to do it with just a tune like the TTS.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by bluestang50
That is basically my current thinking, but I would like to eventually hit that 300+ hp mark. It would also be nice to do it with just a tune like the TTS.
I wouldn't sweat the hp numbers too much. It's the torque that should go ballistic with a tune. That engine gets nice n' torquey down low in the rpm's, which is great around town.

The TTS engine is great too, but you gotta get those rev's up beyond 2500 before there's much action.

Main reason I had mine chipped was so I wouldn't get owned by a chipped TT But then again, there's hardly any TT's around these parts, let alone a TTS.

Don't know about Stasis but I believe that you can get a 30 day free try-out with APR. Once they get their code in your ECU, they pretty much gotcha... there's no going back.

Quick Reply: opinions from TT or TTS owners with Stasis tune