TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Phone help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 04:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phone help please

Can anyone tell me how to get the names from my phone into my car so I can dial by saying the name in my phone? In my other cars you just say voice and it activates the phone voice activation in my phone and allows me to dial. As far as I can see you need to tag the names to voice activate so that means that every contact in my phone needs an idividual tag? Help?
Old 12-02-2012, 08:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

when you pair an android phone it should ask if you want the phone to share the contact list. mine connects, and after about 30s the entire list is in the car"s display. other phones i am not sure, but it seems that it is purely on the phone side

Originally Posted by orangeroadster
Can anyone tell me how to get the names from my phone into my car so I can dial by saying the name in my phone? In my other cars you just say voice and it activates the phone voice activation in my phone and allows me to dial. As far as I can see you need to tag the names to voice activate so that means that every contact in my phone needs an idividual tag? Help?
Old 12-03-2012, 05:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Mine enters the list of contacts but how do I voice dial a name in my list. Rather than scrolling through the names and then pushing the send button I want to be able to just push the voice button and say a name in my contact list. How can that be achieved?
Old 02-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey Orange,
Did you figure this out?

I just got a 2008 TT Roadster (incl. Nav system RNS-E)and can't figure out how to voice dial by name.
I have an iphone4. My contact are all imported in the phone list but I can't use it through the voice dial.

Thanks
Old 03-13-2013, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I cant figure this out either. I can get my phone to connect via bluetooth but none of my contacts even import. I just have to find the person on my phone and push call on there. I have an android device. Wish I could figure out how to use half the features of my car.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You can't use the voice command for dialing... you just can call by scrolling the list.

If you want to use de voice command, you need too enter each contact manually... I know, its "//*$%...
Old 03-22-2013, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Add voice tags

I had the same challenge with my "new" 2011 TT, but just follow the instructions in the user manual on adding voice tags. Basically, you press the "talk" button, say "add name," then say the name (the nice lady will ask you to repeat the name), then say the phone number when prompted, then say "save number." You only have to do that once. The next time, press the "talk" button, say "select name," then when prompted, say the name and you'll hear your own voice saying that name. Then say, "dial."
Old 03-25-2013, 04:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tlutzy
I had the same challenge with my "new" 2011 TT, but just follow the instructions in the user manual on adding voice tags. Basically, you press the "talk" button, say "add name," then say the name (the nice lady will ask you to repeat the name), then say the phone number when prompted, then say "save number." You only have to do that once. The next time, press the "talk" button, say "select name," then when prompted, say the name and you'll hear your own voice saying that name. Then say, "dial."
Thanks tlutly, This will take a few minutes to set-up but will do what I am looking for.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Voice Dialing

I have an 2012 A5 and the MMI automatically loads my phone book and makes it available for voice dialing without doing anything else. Seems strange Audi would have a unique system for the TT. Maybe you should stop in at your dealership and seek some advice. It may be as simple as some obscure setting not being activated. Good Luck.