TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Problem with Steering Wheel Control switches and Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 09:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with Steering Wheel Control switches and Bluetooth

Hi, I recently bought 2007 Audi TT 3.2 Quattro model and absolutely in love with the car. However, recently it started exhibiting some problems with bluetooth, steering wheel switches and climate control unit. I am wondering if any one else had these problems and whether there is a simple solution before taking the car to the dealer.

First of all, the climate control would not switch on. I have 3 rotary switches and the main one (fan control) would not switch the system on. If you press Auto button, then the system starts working, but you have no way of controlling the fan speed. You can still change the direction of the air. I found later that this was an intermittent problem - that is it would some times come back to life and operate as it should. Most of the times though it does not work.

About 3 weeks after my phone stopped connecting to bluetooth system of the car and when you switch off the ignition, the stereo continues to stay on. The only way to switch the stereo is by pressing the on/off button on the stereo. When this problem happened, none of the steering wheel control switches were working.

Any help/feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Stan.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:28 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth?

Question for you...how is bluetooth enabled in your car? I've just gotten a 2008 3.2 S-line Quattro which the dealer says has no possible Audi Bluetooth implementation...wondering how your's has bluetooth at all! Lucky You!

Steve

Originally Posted by tt_lover
Hi, I recently bought 2007 Audi TT 3.2 Quattro model and absolutely in love with the car. However, recently it started exhibiting some problems with bluetooth, steering wheel switches and climate control unit. I am wondering if any one else had these problems and whether there is a simple solution before taking the car to the dealer.

First of all, the climate control would not switch on. I have 3 rotary switches and the main one (fan control) would not switch the system on. If you press Auto button, then the system starts working, but you have no way of controlling the fan speed. You can still change the direction of the air. I found later that this was an intermittent problem - that is it would some times come back to life and operate as it should. Most of the times though it does not work.

About 3 weeks after my phone stopped connecting to bluetooth system of the car and when you switch off the ignition, the stereo continues to stay on. The only way to switch the stereo is by pressing the on/off button on the stereo. When this problem happened, none of the steering wheel control switches were working.

Any help/feedback would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Stan.