TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Question about tires and leasing...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 10:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The dealer is not the one making the call...

On turn ins its a company contracted by AoA to do the inspections that determines if its up to par. Dealer has no say.

" Note: Prior to the end of your contract, your vehicle should be inspected by our inspection company. After this inspection, you will receive a Vehicle Inspection Report listing any charges for excess wear and use. "
Old 02-05-2009, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default I understand this. However they know what the company looks for.

A generic set of rules off of the audi website is does not take into account how the inspectors act. They will know if there have been problems in the past with tires.

My dealer said they have never seen a car fail because of non matching tires.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Generic? Measurements are pretty much straight forward...

Explain which part of this is generic... I think it spells out the rules just fine thats why its called policy!

Tires/Rims
Audi drivers are accustomed to good tires, as they contribute to a superior driving experience. To be sure yours meet the grade, use the following checklist:
* All five tires must have no less than 1/8 inch of tread remaining at the shallowest point.
* All five tires must match in size and speed rating (and brand on quattro® vehicles).
* Retreads, snow tires, gouged, cut or plugged sidewalls are not acceptable.
* The spare cannot be used to replace one of the other four tires and must be included in the vehicle.
* Alloy wheels with curb damage can be reconditioned; if the damage is severe, the wheel itself must be replaced. In either instance, a charge will be incurred.
* Broken, missing or severe curb damage to the wheel cover/cap will result in charges.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks
Old 02-06-2009, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default You're failing to see the point............

I know they aren't generic specs, but Audi does not inspect the cars, a private company does. They have their own set of standards that warrant certain scores/fines when inspecting a car. Tires are not a huge deal, as long as they meet OEM specs, they should not have to match.

I will say this again.......YOUR LOCAL DEALER WILL BE ABLE TO TELL YOU IF THE LOCAL INSPECTORS ARE STRICT ABOUT THE TIRE POLICY.

My lease turn inspector was very nice, and not very critical. It was a 24 month lease, and there was nothing wrong with the car.

Do some research, talk to your dealer and others on here that have gone through this.