TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Red car w/ nappa leather (magma red/black) combo?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red car w/ nappa leather (magma red/black) combo?

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...1#post23965221
Old 04-26-2010, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well, I have the magma red/black interior.....so use your imagination? My guess is that the black baseball optic would be the way to go if red exterior. JMHO.

BosTTon
Old 04-26-2010, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'm red outside and black and Magma inside. I was only interested in the coordinated interior when I went looking. I wasn't going to wait for a SO car, so I took one of my three preferences.

IMO, the way to go is either Brilliant Red with black/Magma, Ibis White with black/silver or Solar Orange with black/orange, but that's for me. Of these, the Solar Orange is going to be hard to find. At the time I got my car there were zero orange on the lots (my red came all the way from PA) and zero in the pipeline, and all the Ibis out there was black inside.

I had this shot on file. Not much exterior to see, but maybe it's enough. Viewed with the exterior shot, maybe you get the whole picture. I wouldn't have bought it any other way!

For long term wear and maintenance, based on my experience, white and the various silvers are easiest for hiding dust and white is king of imperfection-hiding. I love the look of black, but will never, ever again own it, unless I put someone on staff to wash and vac it every night! And while some of the metallic colors very hip, I just don't like metallic paints, personally.

Just my .02 plus interest...
Old 04-26-2010, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Plan_Man
I'm red outside and black and Magma inside. I was only interested in the coordinated interior when I went looking. I wasn't going to wait for a SO car, so I took one of my three preferences.

IMO, the way to go is either Brilliant Red with black/Magma, Ibis White with black/silver or Solar Orange with black/orange, but that's for me. Of these, the Solar Orange is going to be hard to find. At the time I got my car there were zero orange on the lots (my red came all the way from PA) and zero in the pipeline, and all the Ibis out there was black inside.

I had this shot on file. Not much exterior to see, but maybe it's enough. Viewed with the exterior shot, maybe you get the whole picture. I wouldn't have bought it any other way!

For long term wear and maintenance, based on my experience, white and the various silvers are easiest for hiding dust and white is king of imperfection-hiding. I love the look of black, but will never, ever again own it, unless I put someone on staff to wash and vac it every night! And while some of the metallic colors very hip, I just don't like metallic paints, personally.

Just my .02 plus interest...
That's a sweet ride! I'm looking for something like that (I think MY2011 will have the red on the centre console as well). Do you ever think that the combo of red inside and out is too much? How did you come to this color combo conclusion?

So all-black interior never crossed your mind?
Old 04-26-2010, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tranquility
That's a sweet ride! I'm looking for something like that (I think MY2011 will have the red on the centre console as well). Do you ever think that the combo of red inside and out is too much? How did you come to this color combo conclusion?

So all-black interior never crossed your mind?
No, I never thought it was too much. As I recall, it's derivative of the show car presentation, though firmly toned down from that. In the absence of two-toned themes, and assuming availability, I would have gone for all silver or all beige leather with red, but to have this kind of package on tap and not take it would be a lost opportunity to me. It's a level of styling coordination and execution rarely found in modern stock production vehicles and I love it. Personally, I find today's automotive color palettes timid, reserved, luckluster and routinely boring. So a mfr with real color in the mix makes me happy. If only they'd had a really great green...

All black I've had twice, and it shows dust within 24 hours of a good detailing, and also shows abrasion/stress wear faster and more readily than lighter colors.

This color combo was the one available, of the three desired ones I outlined previously, at the time I searched for my car. Had I special ordered, I would have taken Solar Orange with black/orange inside.

But this works. Yeah, this works just fine...
Old 04-27-2010, 01:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Looking at your interior pic (same as mine) right next to the pic of the exterior of the car....the combo DOES look mighty fine!

BosTTon
Old 04-29-2010, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BosTTon
Looking at your interior pic (same as mine) right next to the pic of the exterior of the car....the combo DOES look mighty fine!

BosTTon
Why thank you sir, and I return the compliment!

While on the subject of color combos, my friend at Audi told me about the Gulf theme pre-TTS at HQ a long while back. It may be over the top, but I love it:

I don't think I'd have the self-confidence to live with it as a daily driver, but I do love the combo. I think that blue would be hot all by its lonesome, or the orange. Together it just brings Gulf racing nostalgia bubbling up from a deep well!

Hmmmm, I wonder how much it would cost to do the spokes sides and rim insides in Brilliant Red. Hmmmm...