TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

RNS-E for 2008 TT MkII

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RNS-E for 2008 TT MkII

Hey everyone, first time poster (be gentle), and I've done the normal forum thing of search before I ask, but I've looked all over and thought I would just put this out there.

Has anyone found a reliable place (or even any place at all) to pick up the RNS-E for the MkII (2008 model year preferably) TT? Honestly I'm not even sure of which version of the Symphony is in my car now, it has the built in 6CD Changer, so I'm assuming some version of the II+?

I really want to replace the head unit and I thought that the RNS-E is the only way to preserve my Sirius as well as add in the touch screen and everything. All the aftermarket, double DIN systems would probably need me to repurchase my Sirius receiver, something I don't really want to do, so the RNS-E seemed like the best choice, but for the life of me I can't find it for the TT. I've seen people create custom molds of the trim and put in a RNS-E designed for an A3, but I was really hoping just a plug-in-play type setup would be best.

I'm not really a car geek in any way, I'll research things to death and then give them a go (I'm also trying to figure out the best way to take off the door panels and put in some shallow Pioneer speakers I found).

So yeah, any advice on the above?
Old 11-02-2010, 01:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi Beckermanex,

I think your sirius receiver is under the cover in the back of your "trunk" area, next to where the spare would be, if you had one. It's very accessible. Look for the same on EBay and you'll get a view of it if you don't know what it looks like.

The RNS-E can be found on EBay as some cars get totaled. It's a fairly simple mechanical change but may require some reprogramming of the car using vagcom.

You most likely have the Symphony II+ radio and putting another Audi product is the easiest, but changing the speakers may be more difficult if you have the BOSE system.

Good Luck and welcome to the gang. Join the ACNA and bring that thing to the track for some real fun!
Old 11-02-2010, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Its a non-BOSE car which is why I kind of want to replace the speakers, the stock ones have pretty much no bass outside of CDs and are really tinny at higher volumes, I was really hoping for some deeper sounds. I had a Rockford system in my 2008 Lancer I traded in previously and that thing (with a 12" in the trunk) could start up a concert with its system so I'm hoping to replace out the tweeters and speakers in the doors to start and go from there.

I checked on eBay for the RNS-E in the TT, most sellers are from Europe (which is cool) but will it work in a US car?