TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Roadster Trunk (pics please??)

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 06:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roadster Trunk (pics please??)

I'm down to the last decision! I figured out what options I'm getting in my new TT but I'm uncertain about coupe or roadster.

Does anyone have pictures of the Roadster trunk? Can it fit a small cooler? what about luggage (what size can it handle if any)?

It would be awesome if any Roadster owners can share dimensions/pictures with me!!
Old 08-21-2011, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toastymel
I'm down to the last decision! I figured out what options I'm getting in my new TT but I'm uncertain about coupe or roadster.

Does anyone have pictures of the Roadster trunk? Can it fit a small cooler? what about luggage (what size can it handle if any)?

It would be awesome if any Roadster owners can share dimensions/pictures with me!!
Found these pictures on Google image search:

As a roadster owner, I can verify they are an accurate depiction.

It can fit a small cooler if the cooler isn't too tall. For luggage, it can handle two 22" roll-aboards (i.e. the max legal size for airline carry-on) so long as they aren't overfull / expanded, plus a narrow laptop bag and small purse / duffle. Alternatively a single bigger suitcase (taller / wider than a roll-aboard 22") can fit as well, so long as it isn't too thick, and give you more room for a duffle (so long as it is squishable). The biggest limitation on the trunk is height; the width and depth of the trunk are otherwise good.

Forget about hauling anything like golf clubs unless you want to put them in the front passenger seat. Skis will fit via the pass-through in the center console, but I'm not thrilled with the resulting passenger cabin ergonomics.

Last edited by Va_TTer; 08-21-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Va_TTer
Found these pictures on Google image search:

As a roadster owner, I can verify they are an accurate depiction.

It can fit a small cooler if the cooler isn't too tall. For luggage, it can handle two 22" roll-aboards (i.e. the max legal size for airline carry-on) so long as they aren't overfull / expanded, plus a narrow laptop bag and small purse / duffle. Alternatively a single bigger suitcase (taller / wider than a roll-aboard 22") can fit as well, so long as it isn't too thick, and give you more room for a duffle (so long as it is squishable). The biggest limitation on the trunk is height; the width and depth of the trunk are otherwise good.

Forget about hauling anything like golf clubs unless you want to put them in the front passenger seat. Skis will fit via the pass-through in the center console, but I'm not thrilled with the resulting passenger cabin ergonomics.
I agree with the above except the golf clubs. A small bag without the driver can fit into the trunk along with shoes and other small items. See attached picture. The driver is under the bag. Actually, had a picture, but couldn't get it uploaded.

Last edited by Alan4.2; 08-22-2011 at 04:43 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Alan4.2
I agree with the above except the golf clubs. A small bag without the driver can fit into the trunk along with shoes and other small items. See attached picture. The driver is under the bag. Actually, had a picture, but couldn't get it uploaded.
Would someone mind measuring the trunk of their Roadster for me? I will be picking up a TT Roadster on European Delivery next month, and I want to make sure my luggage will fit! (depth, width, height)
Old 09-11-2011, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

The trunk measures 39"L x 39"W x 12"H with 12"H being the high point,sloping to 10" on either side. The opening to the trunk is 34W x 18-1/2" H.

Cubic feet = 8.33 cu.ft.

Best of luck! Pics please.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you!
Old 10-17-2011, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Trevor
Thank you!
Fissues,
We had a great time. See the attached picture from our drive over Gotthard Pass!

Yes, those are cobble stones!

Thanks to your trunk dimensions, everything fit!
Attached Images  
Old 10-17-2011, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

That's some sick ride!! Thanks for the pics, We must go at once!!
Old 11-03-2011, 05:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I forgot to say thanks for these Pics ) Shortly after, I did make a decision against the roadster. Travel a lot for work and my luggage will not fit!