TT (Mk2) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk2 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2007-2014

Is sprint blue dark or light in person?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is sprint blue dark or light in person?

I have my TTS ordered in Brilliant Black but after seeing some pics of the Sprint Blue I'm not so sure anymore. Some pics of the blue look dark and rich while other pics look like a lighter blue. I havent actually seen a blue one in person so I'm not sure what It really looks like. Does the blue look all faded and dull if it gets a little dirty/dusty?

I know the black will be a pain to keep clean but it looks real nice all polished up. It may even be too late too change the color anyway. Too bad I can't just get one in each color.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default ..It's kinda both... It's a pearl paint and it has it's moments as bright and flashy...and those as

dark and sophisticated.... I've loved it the last 4 years on my S4, but it's not for everybody
Old 02-06-2009, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Lighter than Santorin, if you're familiar with that color. Darker than Nogaro.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:45 AM

Default Re: Is sprint blue dark or light in person?

Honestly, I'd stick with the brilliant black if I were you. I have the TTS in sprint blue and its brighter/lighter than I had pictured when ordering it. While I still love my car and think its striking when its perfectly clean, the black (or meteor grey) has a certain sophistication that is lacking in the blue.

If you want it to look like a hot toy/sports car, go with blue. If you want it to look like a sleek luxury car, stick with the black. Also, blue might take the edge in sunny climates while black fits better in cold weather states. Just my humble opinion...
Old 02-07-2009, 07:26 AM

Does it look like Aruba Blue?
Old 02-07-2009, 07:48 AM

Never seen AB in person but from online pics, my SB is lighter/brighter and less teal than AB.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: Does it look like Aruba Blue?

So,I was very on the fence about buying a Sprint Blue car, as I have ALWAYS had either grey or charcoal. The color is very addictive, and people trip out when they see it!

I think it suits the TT rather well. I drove next to an Aruba A3 today, and the Aruba has got more slate grey, and teal in it if that makes sense. More subdued and heading towards navy, instead of royal blue. The Sprint can look many different ways depending on lighting conditions. I am not one for bright cars, so the Sprint is a very "livable" color.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:06 PM

Default SB livable as a daily driver?

I'm not worried if its bright. I'm just concerned it'll look light or faded especially with a little dirt on it. But then again I know the black will show every bit of dirt as well. Also, do the 19" 7 spoke wheels match the mirror covers?
Old 02-07-2009, 07:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: SB livable as a daily driver?

Uh, dunno about the 19" 7 spoke matching, because I don't have those, but I'll wager they gotta be pretty close. All the OEM wheels from VW/Audi/Porsche are identical, unless they are Ti obviously.

I'd say it's livable as a DD. I am in outside sales and clock 2K+ miles every month, and I think this color will hold up well for the challenge. Dirt stays camo'd better than blk or white for sure. But I am still only under a month with this thing!
Old 02-08-2009, 09:18 AM

Default Re: SB livable as a daily driver?

Obviously the snow-dirt/road salt thats out there right now (I live in the Boston region as well) doesn't make the car look any prettier but I think my husband's meteor grey A4 looks more faded/crappy currently with the same amount of grime on it.

As for your other question, I've never specifically looked to see if my 19"s 7-spokes perfectly matched the side mirrors when they were both clean. However, mismatches like that tend to stick out to me and I've never noticed it so I would assume they match pretty well.

On a side note, it sounds like you're getting pretty much the same configuration as me. You should stick with the black so that we aren't competing on resale in the future. Just kidding! (kind of) =)

Quick Reply: Is sprint blue dark or light in person?